MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Integrated userlist and disallowing signup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all, hello to everyone. I've just decided to switch all my forum based websites from now on. Im still new to this though and if I'm posting in the wrong place, let me know or if this question has been coverd, please point me in the right direction.

I am building a member based website that will be unavailable to the public. Each member already will have an entry in my MySQL database with their userid, password, session info, and tracking info etc. I would like to have MyBB use this info to log them in, or vice versa, so that a user only has to login once, to the main portion of my website, they will then automatically be logged into the MyBB (ideally using just one main member table) What is the best way to do this? Can I piggyback the user table MyBB uses?

Also, can I disallow member sign ups, so that only the users added by the admin are able to access the forum?

Thanks so much
BEN
nixon Wrote:Also, can I disallow member sign ups, so that only the users added by the admin are able to access the forum?

Thanks so much
BEN

Board Settings > User Registration and Profile Options > Disable Registrations (Set as yes)

For the first thing it might be possible it just depends on how and what access your going to give