MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Invalid Forum After Upgrade from 1.2.10 to 1.8.10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently upgraded a forum from 1.2.10 to 1.8.10 and after the upgrade every single forum gives the error Invalid Forum. I can create new forums and they work fine, but any existing one just gives this error. I've tried rebuilding and reloading the cache, but the problem persists. Anyone have any ideas?

Here's the site if someone wants to take a look:
http://65.110.25.74:8080/mybb/index.php
This will seem super silly - but are the entries in the fid column still valid or matching to what's in the URI?

[attachment=40276]
(2018-05-02, 11:59 PM)Downfall Wrote: [ -> ]This will seem super silly - but are the entries in the fid column still valid or matching to what's in the URI?

Yes they are the same fid's as in the database.

I just tried moving one to a different parent category and back and now it works. Guess I'll do that with all of them..
Try to reupload the forumdisplay.php and then rebuild/recount in the Admin CP.
No such luck. I'm going to grab the SQL info for a forum before moving it and moving it back, then compare it and see what changed, maybe I can solve this with a SQL query

Looks like I found it. I noticed that the "parentlist" column changed to the same value as the fid column on categories and to "[category],[forum id]" on forums after the move.

For categories the query was pretty straight forward:

UPDATE mybb_forum
SET mybb_forum.parentlist = mybb_forum.fid
WHERE type = 'c';

Then I ran a recount & rebuild and they all worked.

I'm still working on figuring out the forums and sub forums.

For forums I did the following:

UPDATE mybb_forums
SET mybb_forums.parentlist = concat(mybb_forums.pid,',',mybb_forums.fid)
WHERE type = 'f' AND mybb_forums.parentlist = 0;

I was a little worried since parentlist usually has all parents listed (ie. 10,280,350,588), whereas this query would just make the entry "350,588", only going one level deep. MyBB does seem to figure it out though as far as I can tell so far. So this should work for me.