MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yesterday I added a MyBB installation on AWS via Bitnami and it was very easy. I was able to login and configure the forum and then used phpMyAdmin to import my previous forum. It was all there and I was very happy.

But for some reason today, I can't login and stay logged in.

If I goto the ip address without anything else, it takes me to the normal user login and if I try to login, it says it was successful and then takes me right back to the same login screen.

If I goto the ip address/admin, it takes me to the admin login screen. I login and it takes me to the Dashboard. So far, so good. But if I click on ANYTHING on that screen, it takes me right back to the admin login screen.

Something's happened. I was able to see the forums yesterday. I made a few very minor changes (deleted one message, changed a thumbnail setting) and it all seemed fine. But not today.

Any ideas? Some kind of permissions issue?

Thank you.
(2018-05-04, 04:42 AM)pizzafilms Wrote: [ -> ](...) and then used phpMyAdmin to import my previous forum. It was all there and I was very happy.

But for some reason today, I can't login and stay logged in.

Hi,

seems a cookie problem, check your cookies settings in your Admin Control Panel.
Sounds like a good idea. But if I can't stay logged in, I can't really change any settings. It kicks me out immediately.
(2018-05-04, 01:51 PM)pizzafilms Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a good idea. But if I can't stay logged in, I can't really change any settings. It kicks me out immediately.

Luckily, this shouldn't be a problem as long as you have write access to inc/settings.php.

This file will contain 3 lines, as below:

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".yourdomain.com";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";

Depending on your domain, your settings may be different, but you'll need to configure it all here and upload the new file. This is the equivalent of saving the setting in the Admin Control Panel.  Wink
Thanks. I'll give this is shot.

I think I know what I did now. I was working on getting the forum working before actually hooking up the DNS to point my site to the forum. I probably changed a forum setting and put in the url where it will be once I set the DNS, but I haven't changed the DNS yet. So, it's probably stuck and confused between the IP address of where it lives and the url that isn't live yet.