MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey!

I was wondering if there is some way to set permissions in MyBB.

In vB, you can say like:

<if condition="is_member_of['guest']>content and code</if>

And I have an error (see attachment) which, while I understand that its there, I don't want it to show up at all for guests. Is there a way to hide that line of code from guests entirely?

Thanks Smile.
Bump Big Grin
Please only bump threads after 24 hours have passed.
Yes, Im sorry, real eager to release this skin. Toungue

I dont think there is a way to set permission so that you can hide stuff from guests without adding or editing files is there...
Currently there is no way of doing this without modification.

Not sure if this one works: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...902&page=1
Eh, not looking for that, Ive used it before. And I detest making skins that require file edits for everyone, or even file rewrites. It messes with mods, gets people angry, etc. etc.

Perhaps if the logo and that text there in the welcome_member box? Hm, Ill try that..
What you are asking about is "template conditionals". And no...Mybb doesn't have them.

And you do realize there is a guest and member welcomebox. You are doing something wrong.
I do not realize but I do know that. I wanted that bit of information above the logo, but I have a better idea I will try soon, Ill let you guys know if it works.
Just so you know, I did indeed put the banner into the welcomepanel member and guest templates and it works very very well. I might do themes like this all the time.