MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Issues login into admin panel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did not upgrade recaptcha to v2.  Still running v1.

I finally upgraded the forum to 18.15 and I was hoping that that would take care of the recaptcha as well. 
It did not, and version 1 comes up during sign in.  The problem is that it asks me to enter the word during login but there is nothing there to enter.

How do I disable recaptcha to be able to login to my admin panel so that I can upgrade the security software?

If I cannot disable it, what can I do to get into the admin panel?

Thank you for your help.

dentalimplant411.com/dental-chat-room/
First time I see this problem.

To disable Captcha: Configuration -> Login and Registration Options -> Display a hidden CAPTCHA.

You save time, do not lose registration until you solve the Captcha problem.

See if you can solve your case:: https://community.mybb.com/thread-158035...pid1095783

*My english is basic. I hope I understood correctly.
reCAPTCHA v.1 is dropped in upcoming MyBB version (1.8.16)
By that time you can use noCAPTCHA or invisible, both are in-built in MyBB alongwith MyBB's default CAPTCHA.

[Image: Untitled_a1.png]
(2018-05-08, 03:49 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]reCAPTCHA v.1 is dropped in upcoming MyBB version (1.8.16)
By that time you can use noCAPTCHA or invisible, both are in-built in MyBB alongwith MyBB's default CAPTCHA.

The issue is that I cannot log into my admin panel because when I am logging in it is asking me for the recaptcha text.  The text is not displayed.  

See screenshot:

I do have new recaptcha codes. Is it possible update these in the file manager or in the database?  so that the text comes up and i can type it in when I log in?
If not, can I disable the recaptcha functionality in the file manager or the database so that I would only have to enter my username and password?

Thanks.
The configuration belongs to settings table under name 'captchaimage'
You can directly edit the keys in database to set 'captchapublickey' & 'captchaprivatekey' in settings table but I'd recommend disable captcha and enter ACP then set the configurations from there fresh.

To disable captcha you can change the value of 'captchaimage' to 0 or run this query:

UPDATE `mybb_settings` SET `value` = '0' WHERE `name` = 'captchaimage';

Check and change the table prefix (mybb_) as per what you have in database.
Okay, I was able to get in by temporarily renaming the class_captcha.php file. When I got into the configuration portion, it would not save my new setting. I updated the keys and that did not change anything. What is worse, even after i ran the update my forum still says that it is on version 1.8.12 and it indicated that i should upgrade to 1.8.15. So I ran the installation again. Still the same issue, but now my database is all screwed up.
The forum seems to be working but not sure if posts are allowed.

/Users/jerry/Desktop/Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 10.57.50 PM.png

My recaptcha is still not working and I am unable to disable it.

I am not sure what happened. I have ran updates before and never had an issue.
Have you renamed back the captcha class after entering ACP? I am not sure about the impact but this is not the right way to do.
Run a file verification to check changes and if this major - replace the files with latest package. There is no harm as long as the database is intact.

Also, what do you mean by database screwed up? If it is screwed up how your forum is working?
(2018-05-09, 04:07 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Have you renamed back the captcha class after entering ACP? I am not sure about the impact but this is not the right way to do.
Run a file verification to check changes and if this major - replace the files with latest package. There is no harm as long as the database is intact.

Also, what do you mean by database screwed up? If it is screwed up how your forum is working?

I received technical support from my host and they were able to correct the issue.  It was a cache issue. 

Thank you for your help.