MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can I make a bridge between my php CMS and MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a CMS (written by me in PHP) and I want to make a bridge between the CMS and MyBB. I want when a user create an account in my CMS, automatically to be created an account in MyBB, when the password is changed in CMS to be changed in MyBB, when the user log in into my CMS, to be logged in MyBB, when logout in CMS, to logout in MyBB, when is deleted from CMS, to be deleted from MyBB database. How can I make that? There is a tutorial about that? But about making my own layout?
Thank you.
'Denied' requests:
denied Wrote:I have a CMS (written by me in PHP) and I want to make a bridge between the CMS and MyBB. I want when a user create an account in my CMS, automatically to be created an account in MyBB, when the password is changed in CMS to be changed in MyBB, when the user log in into my CMS, to be logged in MyBB, when logout in CMS, to logout in MyBB, when is deleted from CMS, to be deleted from MyBB database. How can I make that? There is a tutorial about that? But about making my own layout?
Thank you.
Request Denied.
People here would be glad to help you, but bridges are a rare area where myBB is currently lacking.

It's evolving quickly so hopefully this will change.
denied Wrote:I have a CMS (written by me in PHP) and I want to make a bridge between the CMS and MyBB. I want when a user create an account in my CMS, automatically to be created an account in MyBB, when the password is changed in CMS to be changed in MyBB, when the user log in into my CMS, to be logged in MyBB, when logout in CMS, to logout in MyBB, when is deleted from CMS, to be deleted from MyBB database. How can I make that? There is a tutorial about that? But about making my own layout?
Thank you.
If you look in the User Tutorials section you can find stuff about site integration which will allow people to login to MyBB when they log into a CMS, it's not that hard to code.

As for the others, you should look at how MyBB handles registration, password changing, and user deletion and update your CMS with it.
Or do what I did for mine and make MyBB the sole user system for your CMS.
MrDoom Wrote:Or do what I did for mine and make MyBB the sole user system for your CMS.
Whenever I add a new section to my site I simply expand the MyBB database and use it.
Hmm, my CMS runs on a separate DB from my forum, that way it's easier to update MyBB, for example, so far to make my CMS work with 1.4, I've only had to update ~5 queries.

The only relation between my forum database and my CMS database is that the UID is stored along with the relevant article/comment data in the CMS. All I do then is use this UID to get the username for the user when outputting the article/comment.
Updating MyBB on my site doesn't affect the extra tables I have created in the database though...and neither should it on any site.

MyBB only updates it's own tables, not extra ones.