MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Category visibility & forum permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello MyBB Community,

At the beginning I would like to apologize for my English, it's not my native language. If you didn't understand something, let me know, I'll try to explain in different way.

I have 2 problems with my MyBB forum, which (I assume) are connected with each other, but first, I'll give you some information about my site, which can be helpful:
URL: http://skillownia.com (closed, if needed I can give access to ACP)
Version: 1.8.15
Copyright: Yes, footer
MyBB Installation: clean 1.8.15 then merge from IPB 3
CloudFlare: included, actually off (thought this is caching problem)

1. Forum Permission & forumpermissions Cache rebuilding blank page:
When I'm trying to apply changes to Forum Permissions, I see blank page (Error 500, /admin/index.php?module=forum-management). It is very annoying, but I've found out that even with blank page, permissions are updated. I've had the same problem with Moderaration Logs, but php file was missing ";" (thanks MyBB Community). Is there any solution to repair that blank page? I was even comparing my forum-managment PHP file to file from MyBB installation.

The same with rebuilding forumpermissions Cache, with one difference - I don't know if it works.

2. Category/Forum visibility
This is really strange for me, because if you don't touch Category/Forum Permissions, you just on/off this Category/Forum (Active & Open checkboxes in Category/Forum settings), everything works perfectly, BUT if you try to edit permissions of this Category/Forum, noone can see it except Super Moderators & Moderators (even if you disallow them). I did some tests, activating one Forum and changing permissions for the second one. Result? The first one is visible, as it should be, but the second one is visible only for Super Moderators & Moderators. I even checked records in database by phpMyAdmin and everything looks the same, but still it doesn't work the same (attachments). Do you have any idea how it is possible and how to repair this? It is actually blocking us from opening forum after merge.

I'm looking forward to a response, thank you in advance.
@refresh

Doesn't seems like problem with CloudFlare. It was off for 2 days and nothing changed.
(2018-05-09, 01:59 PM)QuatZo Wrote: [ -> ]Hello MyBB Community,

At the beginning I would like to apologize for my English, it's not my native language. If you didn't understand something, let me know, I'll try to explain in different way.

I have 2 problems with my MyBB forum, which (I assume) are connected with each other, but first, I'll give you some information about my site, which can be helpful:
URL: http://skillownia.com (closed, if needed I can give access to ACP)
Version: 1.8.15
Copyright: Yes, footer
MyBB Installation: clean 1.8.15 then merge from IPB 3
CloudFlare: included, actually off (thought this is caching problem)

1. Forum Permission & forumpermissions Cache rebuilding blank page:
When I'm trying to apply changes to Forum Permissions, I see blank page (Error 500, /admin/index.php?module=forum-management). It is very annoying, but I've found out that even with blank page, permissions are updated. I've had the same problem with Moderaration Logs, but php file was missing ";" (thanks MyBB Community). Is there any solution to repair that blank page? I was even comparing my forum-managment PHP file to file from MyBB installation.

The same with rebuilding forumpermissions Cache, with one difference - I don't know if it works.

2. Category/Forum visibility
This is really strange for me, because if you don't touch Category/Forum Permissions, you just on/off this Category/Forum (Active & Open checkboxes in Category/Forum settings), everything works perfectly, BUT if you try to edit permissions of this Category/Forum, noone can see it except Super Moderators & Moderators (even if you disallow them). I did some tests, activating one Forum and changing permissions for the second one. Result? The first one is visible, as it should be, but the second one is visible only for Super Moderators & Moderators. I even checked records in database by phpMyAdmin and everything looks the same, but still it doesn't work the same (attachments). Do you have any idea how it is possible and how to repair this? It is actually blocking us from opening forum after merge.

I'm looking forward to a response, thank you in advance.

Please look at this: AdminCP → Forums & Posts → Manage Forums

Select a forum that you want to fix, you will get a page that looks like this:

[Image: 6d02b0ece806156a250e5562d2a9ca1a.png] 
This is where you can set Group permissions for each forum that fits your needs.

You will need to use 'Set Custom Permissions' for each User Group.

Does this answer your question?
For the first one could you please share the server logs for your site? You can use a plugin to get these but logs files can be saved in multiple files depending on your configuration. I'd suggest looking for more than one error log file in the root of your admin directory.
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1082
Thanks for replies.

@Serpius,
Until you touch it, it works well. When you manually try to change permissions (your screenshot), only two groups can view this section (Super Moderators & Moderators) regardless of permissions set.

@Omar G.
There is no error log on my FTP server, this plugin doesn't see anything aswell. Is there something like debug mode?

I verified files using ACP and the only one modified file is admin/modules/tools/modlog.php (missing semicolon, https://github.com/mybb/mybb/commit/7daa...017146efab)

The strange thing is, in database permission records are the same for visible & invisible sections.
So no errors are being logged for these blank pages? Please try uploading all the files again and verify that file permissions are correctly applied in your file system. You can find more information about this in the documentation.
That's right. There is no error.log file inside root directory. All permissions are given correctly (screenshot).

I have installed MyBB on my local PC (thanks to XAMPP), I used merge and there is almost the same problem with forum permissions, except error "2006 - MySQL server has gone away", which is displayed most likely because of standard MySQL configuration (can't proceed such long command)

Command looks like:
REPLACE INTO mybb_datacache SET `title`='forumpermissions',`cache`='a:572:{i:0;i:0;i:3;a:27:
{i:1;a:24:{s:3:\"pid\";s:1:\"2\";s:3:\"fid\";s:1:\"3\";s:3:\"gid\";s:1:\"1\";s:7:\"canview\";s:1:\"1\";s:14:\"canviewthreads\";s:1:\"0\";s:21:\"canonlyviewownthreads\";s:1:\"0\";s:16:\"candlattachments\";s:1:\"0\";s:14:\"canpostthreads\";s:1:\"0\";s:13:\"canpostreplys\";s:1:\"0\";s:22:\"canonlyreplyownthreads\";s:1:\"0\";s:18:\"canpostattachments\";s:1:\"0\";s:14:\"canratethreads\";s:1:\"1\";s:12:\"caneditposts\";s:1:\"1\";s:14:\"candeleteposts\";s:1:\"1\";s:16:\"candeletethreads\";s:1:\"1\";s:18:\"caneditattachments\";s:1:\"1\";s:21:\"canviewdeletionnotice\";s:1:\"0\";s:8:\"modposts\";s:1:\"0\";s:10:\"modthreads\";s:1:\"0\";s:14:\"mod_edit_posts\";s:1:\"0\";s:14:\"modattachments\";s:1:\"0\";s:12:\"canpostpolls\";s:1:\"1\";s:12:\"canvotepolls\";s:1:\"1\";s:9:\"cansearch\";s:1:\"1\";}[15000 lines like this]}}'
(2018-05-12, 09:59 AM)QuatZo Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for replies.

@Serpius,
Until you touch it, it works well. When you manually try to change permissions (your screenshot), only two groups can view this section (Super Moderators & Moderators) regardless of permissions set.

@Omar G.
There is no error log on my FTP server, this plugin doesn't see anything aswell. Is there something like debug mode?

I verified files using ACP and the only one modified file is admin/modules/tools/modlog.php (missing semicolon, https://github.com/mybb/mybb/commit/7daa...017146efab)

The strange thing is, in database permission records are the same for visible & invisible sections.

Have you looked at Admin Permissions as shown in the screenshot?

Is your username (Admin) listed in there? If not, then that is where your issue is.

[Image: 5f8962a6d42e75aaf9e84ad8cfdf710e.png]
(2018-05-13, 11:07 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Have you looked at Admin Permissions as shown in the screenshot?

Is your username (Admin) listed in there? If not, then that is where your issue is.

[Image: 5f8962a6d42e75aaf9e84ad8cfdf710e.png]
I'm on this list. In addition, my ID is set as a Super Administrator in config file.
Can you paste the full error or a screenshot of it?
Pages: 1 2