MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB hosting script wanted!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was thinking of starting a MyBB host and I was wondering if you could have a form on your site where people input the name of their forum and it creates a subdomain (or new directory) with the same name, makes a new database, and configures MyBB so it's already installed when the user first goes to their board. Is that possible? I've seen it done with PHPbb somewhere before.
Something like this?
http://www.createmybb.com/

Moved from General Support to Code Modifications.
Yeah, like that actually. I was going to call it MonkeYBB.
I've just had a look at Create MyBB and I'd want something like that. Anyone know how?
I can't find the attachment in that thread since you just get a 404. I can't find it with Google, either.
I'm sure MyBB would benefit lots if there were more sites like Create MyBB out there to spread the word, and to make it more accessible to some people. Wink
Not sure if it's stable, though. You might want to develop it a bit more. Toungue
That's the problem, though. I'm an idiot; I couldn't code PHP for my life.
I found this on Create MyBB.
Quote:How can I obtain the hosting script?
If you would like to open your own MyBB hosting service, we are sorry to say, but our script isn't for sell. It may become for sell in the future, possibly.
Dammit, that's annoying. Sad
Please don't double post.

Also, if you are wanting to set up a free forum script I would advise you learn PHP.
Pages: 1 2