MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reputation Merge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No idea if this has been suggested ever before, but I've noticed when you're upgrading from 1.6 to 1.8 everyone's reputation on the database does not merge, so it's resets back to 0 which sucks. So for future release mybb can we have a tool that merges everyone's reputation please that would be great!

Most people told me it can be done manually in 1.8 but a forum with over 20k members and a lot of reputation that would take days lol.
What do you mean by "merge"?

I don't understand if you are suggesting a new feature or reporting a bug.
(2018-05-11, 01:17 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean by "merge"?

I don't understand if you are suggesting a new feature or reporting a bug.

Well suggesting it sorry for not making it more clear, like the merge tool we currently have for mybb 1.8 if you're upgrading from 1.6 to 1.8 you're reputations don't merge like when you rebuild in ACP it resets back to 0. So for future MyBB releases 1.10 and so on I think it would be nice to have reputation merge inside the merge tool.

Hope it's more clear now ^^ Toungue
I'm having a difficulty understanding what seems to me more like bug report than a feature request. However, the merge system is outdated and possibly a death project as of now.

We will check this once work on the merge system is restarted.
(2018-05-13, 03:27 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having a difficulty understanding what seems to me more like bug report than a feature request. However, the merge system is outdated and possibly a death project as of now.

We will check this once work on the merge system is restarted.

Not sure if it's a bug or not but if you merge 1.8 database all the reputations merge but 1.6 mybb database doesn't merge reputations in 1.8 so it could be a bug or..

Anyways thank you. Smile
Not aware about this for upgrade but there is a known issue as reputations and referrals don't get merged while merging 2 accounts.