MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyCode problem since 1.8.15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thanks a lot for your very much appreciated and detailed explanation! Smile

(2018-05-20, 06:53 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]The parser updates don't seem to affect this issue.....
As the MyCode worked with MyBB < 1.8.15 it seems that the change of the parser (at least the order of parsing) had some impact though. Correct?
(2018-05-26, 11:53 AM)Jockl Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a lot for your very much appreciated and detailed explanation! Smile

You're most welcome.

(2018-05-26, 11:53 AM)Jockl Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-20, 06:53 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]The parser updates don't seem to affect this issue.....
As the MyCode worked with MyBB < 1.8.15 it seems that the change of the parser (at least the order of parsing) had some impact though. Correct?

Right, right - that's correct. The "parser updates" to which I was referring were those mentioned by Omar G. in post #2 in this thread.
(2018-05-26, 11:58 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]The "parser updates" to which I was referring were those mentioned by Omar G. in post #2 in this thread.
I see Smile Thanks again
This issue will be fixed in 1.8.16 release, until that you can apply the fix mention above manually.
Unfortunately, this issue has not been fixed in 1.8.16 or even 1.8.17 release. Even worse, unfortunately the fix which have been posted here by Laird does not work anymore. Any help would very much appreciated.

Any explanation why such drastic changes to the structure (in this case of the class_parser.php) are necessary during small releases?
no idea? I would be very glad, if someone could have a look on this issue.....
really a pity.....

It seems that this forum is not being checked once a thread has been rejected although the changes of the parser are really painful Sad
This is still an issue, no working MyCode due to parser changes and still very annoying that there is no help at all.... Sad

On a side note: having a look to open issues in MyBB at GitHub, it is really crazy that there unfixed problems open since year 2014.....
(2018-12-01, 01:44 PM)Jockl Wrote: [ -> ]On a side note: having a look to open issues in MyBB at GitHub, it is really crazy that there unfixed problems open since year 2014.....
That's actually not crazy at all. You'll find tickets that are open for years on pretty much every larger project (for example some tickets on https://bugs.php.net/ are more than 15 years old). These tickets are often less important or hard to fix.
(2018-12-01, 01:44 PM)Jockl Wrote: [ -> ]This is still an issue, no working MyCode due to parser changes and still very annoying that there is no help at all.... Sad

On a side note: having a look to open issues in MyBB at GitHub, it is really crazy that there unfixed problems open since year 2014.....

Sorry, I've had a little bit of a look at this, but not much. I've been super busy since the Summer.

Regarding the open issues, we do try and work through some old ones sometimes, but there are a lot to go through and some of them are likely invalid reports now that have been inadvertently fixed or duplicated.
Pages: 1 2 3