MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can 2 MyBB forums?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can 2 MyBB forums in 2 different server share ONLY the users? if so how??

And what about if they are on the same server?

Thanks
I think you can just import the mybb_users table.
well.. true..but what if i want it to be .. LIVE.. like everytime one users signs in in one.. it automatically get access to the other?
That's not possible at the moment.
so i would have to do it every night right?? ... do you know if it' ll be a feature of 1.4?

P.S. tks for your fast reply
Also.. how would i Merge the 2 users table? cause if i import forum 1 user table in forum 2... that would get replaced woudn't it?

how can i do so that forum 1 users get added to forum 2 users.. and vice versa
why would you want to share the users woudn't it just be easier to have to seperate forums or, have a forum link linking to the other, i think that would be alot easier, and also why not just have 1 forum, are the 2 forums going to be 2 totally different things and so on?
yabeweb Wrote:Also.. how would i Merge the 2 users table? cause if i import forum 1 user table in forum 2... that would get replaced woudn't it?

There is a Merge System currently being developed:

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=16365
I dont think the OP wants to merge another type of forum into MyBB.

They want to have have two MyBB forums that share the same member base, so that when a member joins one forum they are automatically a member of the other one and visa versa
yabeweb Wrote:Also.. how would i Merge the 2 users table? cause if i import forum 1 user table in forum 2... that would get replaced woudn't it?

Keith W Wrote:I dont think the OP wants to merge another type of forum into MyBB.

They want to have have two MyBB forums that share the same member base, so that when a member joins one forum they are automatically a member of the other one and visa versa
He asked how to merge two user tables together which can be done with the Merge System.
Pages: 1 2