MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A quick question about find
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just curious as to how you guys came across mybb and why did you decide you wanted to use mybb. 

I came across mybb on a random webiste (can not rememeber sorry :/) anyways after clicking on the powred by 'mybb'
I checked it out and gave it a try and have liked it and will not give any other forum software a chance [Image: biggrin.gif]

I also decided I wanted my own general online hangout site so I opted for a domain and some hosting and now here I am [Image: biggrin.gif]
Very similar experience, I came across a support / request site of a service (may be not? Toungue) and met one of the MyBB staffs (that time he wasn't staff I guess, but was a big board owner), we became friends. His one or two troubleshooting suggestions for that site made me interested about MyBB (back in 2011).

I started with a hosted multi-forum (reference available in official MyBB Blog - interview of BBO) and that was the beginning of experimenting MyBB. There I met a great enthusiastic person from UK interested in MyBB similar to me and we became friends. We posted a lot of modifications in that hosted service's support forum and soon both got promoted to SuperMods. We being support staff over there for a long time made a record of almost zero open support issue.

I also started a site for MyBB tutorials (mainly) / themes / plugins with my UK friend and a great theme designer of that time (he is still active in community forums) but unfortunately lost my site and domain by some mean hack, back in 2014. Want to mention here the hack was not because of MyBB software, but my hacked twitter account leading to compromising Github and Hosting accounts.

In the beginning I was a little scared to join here, the main community forums. But I did finally after a year, in 2012. I was away for like 4 years for my personal involvements but its really hard to stay away from MyBB. So, here I am, again, with a good hope to remain active longer ...