MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: pruge spammer option in ACP or modCp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Our forum doesnt want post flood check on as it is annoying for users. However we have gotten recent abnormal spam lately of chinese posts flooding the forums.

Now the problem is we have the purge spam button set to go off after 20 posts. If a spammer floods 60 posts, there is no way for a mod or admin to purge them except temp changing the purge button settings to above that spammers posts, purge them, then reset the count  back down to normal.

There should be a method to purge the spammer from ACP no matter the post count. It could even be in some hidden drop down menus as to avoid accidentally hitting it. Or maybe the option permanently in their profile, but only to go off at the post bit section.

Question: Now is there a way to have the postbit turn off at 20 posts, while in their profile it always shows purge spammer?
Okay. There is a temporary solution till you take other measures to prevent spam:
Open 'member.php' and find this line around l/no. 2723:
$can_purge_spammer = purgespammer_show($memprofile['postnum'], $memprofile['usergroup'], $memprofile['uid']);

Now if you hardcode $memprofile['postnum'] to any number lower to post limit - the purge spammer link will always be there at profile.
For example, in your case, post limit set to 20, something like that will make the link permanent in profile:

$can_purge_spammer = purgespammer_show(10, $memprofile['usergroup'], $memprofile['uid']);
Thank you that is exactly what i was looking for after i typed it out.

Ok at first i was thinking this number is the number at which the purge link removes itself from the profile.  But after changing it live i realize that is not the case. It seems to do it after this number instead? So i just set it to 1. Im not sure i understand what is going on there, but 1 seems to not have it in postbit, while having it profile regardless of post count.
1 is fine. It should be any number, LESS than the post count number you have set for hiding the button.
thank you again. This will make it easier for my mods to handle users without admins intervention.
Would be nice to add as a new option into MyBB v1.8, not a big change but really useful
Metulburr, you really should consider splitting your member group into 2. Newbies should have all their posts put in the moderation queue. After a few posts are approved, they should be promoted to your regular members group via "group promotion". The number of posts passed to purgespammer_show is how many approved posts that member has.
yeah that would nice to have an option to make a permanent purge spammer link in their profile. Or at the very least in ACP or modcp so mods have access to it as well.

@laie_techie
We dont want to moderate each new users post. Its too much work, and too much hassle for legit users. 98% of our user base are new registered users. Most users have less than 10 posts. A lot of users are just asking for help in a single semester and then we never see them again. The next semester we see a whole new user base.
(2018-05-18, 08:05 PM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]yeah that would nice to have an option to make a permanent purge spammer link in their profile. Or at the very least in ACP or modcp so mods have access to it as well.

@laie_techie
We dont want to moderate each new users post. Its too much work, and too much hassle for legit users. 98% of our user base are new registered users. Most users have less than 10 posts. A lot of users are just asking for help in a single semester and then we never see them again. The next semester we see a whole new user base.

Since you mentioned semester, does that mean your user base is comprised of students at a single school? There is a plugin which only allows registration from white-listed domains; perhaps you could use that plugin and just white list the school provided email domain?
no its not one school. Its any English speaking students anywhere in the world studying Python language.
Pages: 1 2