MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to remove the smilies section next to the reply field
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, Is there a way to remove the whole smilies section to the left of the reply box? I would rather do away with this and just have users use the little smiley face "insert an emoticon" button. I've had a few users state this desire as well. thanks!
Yes. You can disable it in your Administrator Control Panel:

ACP -> Configuration -> Clickable Smilies and BB Code 

Once there, set "Clickable Smilies Inserter" to Off
Thanks for the reply. I find that turning it off also removes the "insert an emoticon" button from the mycode editor which I want to stay.

But I find removing {$smilieinserter} from the new reply and new thread templates does what I'm looking for. Thanks
Remove this variable '{$smilieinserter}' from 'newthread' and 'newreply' templates.
Thanks effone. Stumbled on that right before you posted.

While I'm at it. Is there a way to make the "insert an emoticon" button open up a box of all available emoticons instead of just doing a partial view and then having to click on "more" to see the full box?

While I'm at it. Is there a way to make the "insert an emoticon" button open up a box of all available emoticons instead of just doing a partial view and then having to click on "more" to see the full box?