MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: From php 5.6.36 to 7.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello|

My forum is running the latest version of MyBB with 5.6.36 version of php.

Two days ago i faced a Sql error,my forum went down for some hours and then i had to repair the database using the cpanel. Now it is working like before.

I contacted my hosting department and they asked if i updated my php version to the 7.1

Before i proceed and do something wrong, i would kindly like to ask you if it is advisable to update the php version.

I am using many plugins on my forum,will they work fine?

Please post your reviews..

Thankyou

Regards!
Your forum will be fine, however there can be a series of warnings and errors shown on index page. 

you may have to hide those warnings and errors display from the admin cp in the configuration section.

Admin CP -> Configuration -> Settings -> Server and Optimization Options -> Error Type Medium

Select Hide Errors & Warnings and save the settings.
(2018-05-18, 06:33 PM)Brian. Wrote: [ -> ]Your forum will be fine, however there can be a series of warnings and errors shown on index page. 

you may have to hide those warnings and errors display from the admin cp in the configuration section.

Admin CP -> Configuration -> Settings -> Server and Optimization Options -> Error Type Medium

Select Hide Errors & Warnings and save the settings.

Are there any benifits if i upgrade to the 7.1 php version?
PHP 7 is quite significantly faster than PHP 5, so it's worth upgrading.