MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: import users into MyBB database from other MySQL database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have a user database that includes details about user preferences. I would like to import the users, usernames, and passwords from that database into the MyBB database.

Before striking out on my own to do this by brute force, I thought I would ask if anyone else has written a MySQL merge for this purpose?

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

FOF
Where is the other MYSQL database coming from? If it's coming from a supported forum, you can use the Merge System.
(2018-05-18, 06:07 PM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]Where is the other MYSQL database coming from? If it's coming from a supported forum, you can use the Merge System.

The other MySQL database is just a membership database that has been used primarily for emailing and surveying among members based upon group and subgroup membership. It does have username, password, email address and other demographic and preference information, but it is definitely not one of the supported forums listed in the Merge System options.

My hope is that I can export username, password, and email address from membership database into a comma delimited file that can be imported into the appropriate fields of the MyBB database.