MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do i get changes to reflect on the website?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Very new to this but anyway

if i for example replace a image in a plugin or title or whatever the changes dont reflect to the website, as in i go to filezilla, find a file, edit it, replace it, whatever(same with editing in mybb) and the change dosent show on the website, like if i replaced a image and in file zilla and cpanel its obviously another image it still will open on the website as the unedited image.

Downloaded a plugin, deleted it and downloaded a new version with my changes to it, still the old plugin and not the changed one. only way i have been able to change 1 image was by changing the directory completly.

heres the website https://kenzato.uk/mybb/

and heres a image example
[Image: z8Fss8B.png]

Heres another example, Add [Image: BznKklD.png]
Hello there,

The forum you have posted does not have the minimum "Powered by MyBB" notice we require for technical support here. In order for us to give you further support, please add the following code to the footer template of your forum:

Admin CP --> Templates & Style --> *expand your template set* --> Footer Templates --> footer

Code:
Powered by <a href="http://www.mybb.com">MyBB</a>

You can raise any questions you have about this policy in the Private Inquiries forum.

With regards,
MyBB Support Community
Added, deleted the footer previously because i didint know how to remove social media icons <3
Thats mighty weird, its changed now but 2 days later. Why might that be?
(2018-05-21, 11:26 PM)Kenzato Wrote: [ -> ]Thats mighty weird, its changed now but 2 days later. Why might that be?

It's likely that your host server was slow in updating the cache for your website.

Are you using Cloudflare?
(2018-05-22, 11:05 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-21, 11:26 PM)Kenzato Wrote: [ -> ]Thats mighty weird, its changed now but 2 days later. Why might that be?

It's likely that your host server was slow in updating the cache for your website.

dont think its host issue since text itself changes and my wordpress updates other thigns instantly, what settings in cloud flare should be changed/ disabled?

Changed to the development mode and changes showed up, i had forgotten about cloud flare.
(2018-05-22, 01:26 PM)Kenzato Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-22, 11:05 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]

dont think its host issue since text itself changes and my wordpress updates other thigns instantly, what settings in cloud flare should be changed/ disabled?

Changed to the development mode and changes showed up, i had forgotten about cloud flare.

WordPress is different from MyBB.

Go to Cloudflare and click on the Caching Tab and do this in order.

#1 - Click on Purge Everything ( do not worry... it's only purging the cache NOT your website )
[Image: e31750ac1bf9783b0d5161683b2588a2.png]

#2 - The popup will show and click on the red Purge Everything - It will take about 15 to 30 seconds depending on the speed of your internet.
[Image: d667aa08c88e8e439a357f3f7554a6d0.png]

#3 - On the same page, scroll down to Development Mode and click on the 'Off' to turn this 'On'. This will enable all changes to your website to show up faster.
( by default, Cloudflare will automatically turn this 'Off' after 2 hours )
[Image: 722075b73a0c33c514ac0478cee8430d.png]

Let us know if this works for you.
There are a few things that could cause this. Cloudflare Caching, Browser Caching, and Server Caching, purging MyBB and Cloudflare caches, as well as clearing your computers cache should help. If you've cleared your Cloudflare and Browser cache and are still experiencing issues run the command below on your local machine.

ipconfig /flushdns
(2018-05-24, 01:54 AM)R34P3R Wrote: [ -> ]There are a few things that could cause this. Cloudflare Caching, Browser Caching, and Server Caching, purging MyBB and Cloudflare caches, as well as clearing your computers cache should help. If you encounter this again run the command below on your computer and see if it works!

ipconfig /flushdns

That command has NOTHING to do with flushing DNS from the hosting side, nor anything related to Cloudflare. 

That command is only good for local machines.
(2018-05-24, 02:06 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-24, 01:54 AM)R34P3R Wrote: [ -> ]There are a few things that could cause this. Cloudflare Caching, Browser Caching, and Server Caching, purging MyBB and Cloudflare caches, as well as clearing your computers cache should help. If you encounter this again run the command below on your computer and see if it works!

ipconfig /flushdns

That command has NOTHING to do with flushing DNS from the hosting side, nor anything related to Cloudflare. 

That command is only good for local machines.

Did I say it did? No. I was offering it as the simplest way to flush DNS on Windows