MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Vip membership plugin giving strange errors/logs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody!

I have recently upgraded the php version from 5 to 7.1 on my MyBB based forum running the latest version of MyBB.

My problem is that the Vip plugin is giving me a strange error while adding a member.

Please check this screenshot:

[attachment=40368]

[attachment=40369]

In the past i never faced such issue but i can say that the plugin was skipping to change usergroup from one to the second after the planned date sometimes.

Please help.

Regards!
Nobody can help?

Or perhaps suggest some another plugin which does the same thing?

Thanks
Nobody can help?
Help please............
You might want to contact the plugin developer or wait for him to update the plugin because fixing just that issue you mentioned is not going to end the errors as the plugin developer has other items that also need to be changed..., for example:
$buttons =""; 
Should be:
$buttons = array();

if(defined('THIS_SCRIPT')) {
}

Should be around:
if(THIS_SCRIPT == 'index.php')

Etc, etc.... on top of the current issue you already mentioned
Asked the developer,he said there is no ETA.

Can perhaps someone help me/us to make this work again?

Thanks a lot.
Those are the incompatibility with PHP 7.2+
The developer can only help you with updating the plugin.

Not a good solution, but for time being you can get rid of all those warnings / errors by just dropping your PHP version being used unless you get a fixed version.
(2018-07-02, 10:58 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Those are the incompatibility with PHP 7.2+
The developer can only help you with updating the plugin.

Not a good solution, but for time being you can get rid of all those warnings / errors by just dropping your PHP version being used unless you get a fixed version.

Ok,thankyou for your reply.
FYI...

For anyone who is having issues with PHP 7.2, go back to PHP 7.0.30. That's the version I am using now.

No need to drop back to PHP 5.4.xx or 5.5.xx.

A few of the plugins that I am using have not been updated for many months/years, meaning those plugins were developed during the PHP 5.4.xx/5.5.xx series and those plugins are working just fine under PHP 7.0.30.

Just wanted to point that out.
(2018-07-02, 02:38 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]FYI...

For anyone who is having issues with PHP 7.2, go back to PHP 7.0.30. That's the version I am using now.

No need to drop back to PHP 5.4.xx or 5.5.xx.

A few of the plugins that I am using have not been updated for many months/years, meaning those plugins were developed during the PHP 5.4.xx/5.5.xx series and those plugins are working just fine under PHP 7.0.30.

Just wanted to point that out.

You did the magic my bro.

I never thought to dowgrade to the 7.0.30 , just did it and the plugin returned to work.

Thanks a lot and i hav rep+ you.

Thread can be closed and moved.

Love you all.

Regards.