MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Updated PHP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Updated to PHP 7.2.5 from 5.6.36 but am receiving an error.

[Image: zMZJUCK.png]

Looked around for a fix before posting this and I saw it's caused by incorrect database type, but I've tried both mysqli and mysql and neither of them work. Mysql just gives the error above and mysqli just loads a blank white page.

Not sure why this has happened, forum been running fine until I changed the PHP version.
Install the PHP7 MySQL extension on your server.
I'll have to ask my host about that?
(2018-05-30, 12:49 PM)Citrus Wrote: [ -> ]I'll have to ask my host about that?

Yes. Your host needs to install PHP's MySQL Extension (php7.0-mysql) directly on the server. 
Host said their MySQL extension works on all PHP versions and PHP 7 isn't compatible with MyBB from what they were seeing (I let them check my site and toggle between PHP versions to test).

So here I am still stuck on PHP 5 because it seems to be the only PHP version that works.
MySQL extension is deprecated since PHP 5.5 and was removed in PHP 7.0.
Its just not present in the package.

Open ./inc/config.php and check the value of "$config['database']['type']".
If it is 'mysql' change it to 'mysqli' and try accessing the site.
It just loads a blank white page. I am using PHP 7.2.5.

Switching back to PHP 5.6.36 makes the forums functional again but I need PHP 7.2.5.
Trying disabling all plugins and then using the PHP version.
I am using PHP 7.0 without any problems.

Does your server log show any PHP errors? What plugins do you use?
I'm using Ubuntu 18.04 and the stock PHP 7.2 don't work with MyBB. There's a post in this forums somewhere and it's mentioned MyBB is not fully working with 7.2 yet.

Downgraded to 7.1 (7.1.18-1+ubuntu18.04.1+deb.sury.org+1) and everything works fine.
Pages: 1 2 3