MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How To Install MYBB on root directory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, My name is Louis Cook.
I have two questions.
Question 1:
I run a blog called https://www.timesdigit.com/. Now my question is, this blog hosted on Semi dedicated server. Now I want to make a forum and I want to host Mybb forum software on root directory (for example: timesdigit.com/forum) I dont want to host on subdirectory(example: forum.timesdigit.com). How can I do that. I read few guides but not able to do.

Question 2: Which server will be best for MYBB? I am thinking to buy Digital Ocean Virtual Server.

Thanks

I need quick reply, can anyone help me. Because today I am going to buy hosting. I tried on local server.
1. In public_html create a folder called forum and then upload all mybb files in there and then access your site via timesdigit.com/forum/install/index.php

2. It is down to personal preference really. I have never used DO but I have heard very highly of them.
(2018-05-27, 02:38 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]1. In public_html create a folder called forum and then upload all mybb files in there and then access your site via timesdigit.com/forum/install/index.php

2. It is down to personal preference really. I have never used DO but I have heard very highly of them.

Hi, Thank you so much for quick reply.
But can you please clear where should I create folder.
For Example: My main site hosted on Server A
and Forum hosted on server B

Now where I have to create folder? How do i set DNS records for forum, because it hosted on different server.
Can I ask why you plan on running them on different servers? One server should be sufficient for a blog and a small forum.
Nothing special, actually one of my friend told me that host forum on different server. So, I can run on same server without any problem right?

Actually I am not server expert. Again thanks for your quick reply
Yes, you can run this on the same server and should have no problems. If you follow the instructions I provided in my first post that should enable you to get it set up.