MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 500 error after host upgraded to SSL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

My forum is returning a 500 error after my host switched servers to one with auto-ssl.

The main website is fine, but the subdirectory /forum returns 500 on everything.

I can't see any logfiles anywhere and I can't access the admin panel or anything.

I have updated the URL via softaculous

Info
Software MyBB
Installation Number 36_91687
Version 1.8.15
Installation Time July 24, 2014, 2:16 pm
Path /home/augforum/public_html/forum
URL https://u4bwug.co.uk/forum
Admin URL https://u4bwug.co.uk/forum/admin
Is your host running cPanel? If not, contact them and ask where they keep the error log file and it should hopefully point you in the right direction.
Hi Ben,

It is indeed, under metrics> errors I have one line and its unrelated to mybb.

Oh I should also add I have disabled plugins by renaming the folder
If it is a 500 error that is a server error rather than a error from MyBB so it may be related to that line. If you have a .htaccess file I'd also try renaming that to .htaccess_old to see if that makes any difference. It just involves a bit of problem solving without knowing exactly what is causing the error.
(2018-05-27, 06:09 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]If it is a 500 error that is a server error rather than a error from MyBB so it may be related to that line. If you have a .htaccess file I'd also try renaming that to .htaccess_old to see if that makes any difference. It just involves a bit of problem solving without knowing exactly what is causing the error.

Hi Ben,

Thank you, yes I firstly thought permissions or something but they seem to be sensible.
The other pages on the site are working fine, it does just seem to be the MYBB subdirectory

Appreciate the 500 error pretty much requires stumbling around until it works!

The error seems to be more of a WP issue:

File does not exist: /home/augforum/public_html/xmlrpc.php

And apologies yes, I did try changing the .htacess filename

Sorry one more thing to mention, i dropped a temp index.htm in the forum root and it works fine...
Weird. Do you mind PM'ing me some FTP details and I'll take a look?
Issue with outdated php version thanks Ben!