MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: More tools for group leaders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It would be good to see some additions made to group management in 1.10. I've coded these as plugins but IMO these should be included in MyBB's core at the very least:

Group Leader Blacklist
Group Leader Logs

Thoughts?
Logging and ignoring features could be nice.
This is something I can see potentially happening for an incremental release in 1.9*. Opinions?
  • Something like the equivalent to the super admin: a super group leader that cannot be removed by others?
  • limited access to mass mail, restricted to mailing only to their group?
  • Logs should have the following:
    • join requests and invitations with date sent and date/reason/user who rejected or approved
    • in freely joinable groups: join date/leave date
    • same with membership changes made through the promotion system
    • banlist: users who may not reapply (or be promoted back) (again: timestamp, reason, leader)
  • Optional: an addition to the default usergroup image when they use the group they are leading as their display group; like a star or a dot to indicate that the person is a leader, maybe fontawesome comes in handy here? 
  • On my board, some group leaders are in a "leaders" group that has (very limited) access to the ACP; idk whether that is something that can be incorporated in any way ?