MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Flatty Theme Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm new to the site, just to get that out of the way. It's nice to meet you all.

I've been working on altering the color scheme of the Flatty theme for a few days now. Digging through google and these boards for the locations of various colors and whatnot. I've also simply used the inspect element feature for chrome to locate the color of a particular item and alter that. At one point I simply blanket altered similar colors to the color I wanted in the vain hope that I might get some sort of results.

I've pretty much reached the end of 'do it yourself' and it's time to ask for help. I just simply cannot find the locations in global.css:

Here I have the text color right but I want to alter the blue:
[Image: yngKCE8.png]
-----
Here I want to change the light grey color:
[Image: y0SXHjl.png]
-----
This one has been the worst; changing the color of the Subforum links and the color of the actual words "Sub Forums"
[Image: oCvunKt.png]
----
Changing the Blue Button and the White Bar as well
[Image: tWxe4B8.png]
----
Changing the color of the dark text here would be helpful too.
[Image: X7t3J6v.png]
----

I know this is a lot of questions but they are the last few things left before I will have wrapped up the color scheme I had in mind for my site. I've done as much legwork as I can, I just need a little bit of help to finish.

Thank you!
  • To alter the blue, find .pmbg in global.css
  • Background behind quick reply buttons can be changed by finding .tfoot in global.css.
  • To change colour of "Sub Forums" text ACP --> Templates & Style --> Templates --> Select template --> Forumbit_templates --> forumbit_subforums. Find:

<strong>{$lang->subforums} </strong>

Replace with:

<strong style="color: colorhere;">{$lang->subforums} </strong>

• Change colour of subforum links in forumbit_depth3

• Post thread button - find:

a.button:link, a.button:visited, a.button:active

In global.css, change background colour. Note that this may change multiple buttons which use that class name. If you have a problem with that, go to forumdisplay_newthread template and add a style attribute with a background colour.

• Find .trow_sep in global.css and replace background

• Find .tcat in global.css and change color accordingly. This will also change any text colors which use the class .tcat. If you have a problem with that, go to search template and add a style attribute where necessary.

Hope this helps.
Wow, I cannot thank you enough. It took a bit of work but the theme is finally complete. Thank you so much!