MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Won't display database contents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
" Showing rows 0 - 0 (1 total, Query took 0.0004 seconds.)"

Okay, so somehow the robot only backed up the tables structures? Because I attempted to import the compressed file through the Import tool. And did copypaste absolutely everything from the extracted file on NotePad...

What I meant by "it's all there" is that the extracted file showed the posts' texts and all kinds of elements. Like I said, I'm totally new to this so I don't know what all it's supposed to include to be complete.
Are you able to PM me temporary access so I can take a look? I think this may be an error you're making instead of an actual Database or MyBB error if the database has been imported properly.
Thanks for the offer, but I decided to take it all the way from the very start and now it actually displays it for the most part. It still looks weird and I think it would get fixed if I could empty the Cookie Domain.
But when I log into my Admin CP and go to Configuration --> Settings --> Site Details...The Cookie Domain bit doesn't show up.

EDIT: Nevermind...I noticed the Admin CP link lead to IcyBoards...But then again, when I log in to the Admin CP from the correct url it won't let me past the index but instead logs me out.
Make sure you extract the gz file and import the sql file. Don't try to import the gz, not all database tools can read this. The database was backed up with the standard "mysqldump" then compressed with "gzip -9".

You can edit the URLs in the mybb_settings table. After making changes to the mybb_settings table, delete the settings.php file. It will be regenerated on the first page load.
Yes, I imported the extracted file. That's when I got it to display most of it apart from the theme looking messed up. I edited all the url in the mybb_settings table and in the hpau_settings table too, and deleted the settings.php. It no longer takes me to the IcyBoards admin cp url, but I still can't do anything in the admin cp. Clicking on anythimg in there will log me out of it while leaving the attempted page's url. And it won't log back in unless I go back to the main log-in url of the admin cp. And so on.

EDIT: The Admin CP works fine now and the board looks good apart from plugins that I need to re-install.
But I still can't logout from my admin account...Well, the problem this thread was for has been solved. If I can't find where to stick a logout key for the admin account and can't find documentation for it I'll just start a new thread here.

Thank you both, both of you helped a lot. Smile
Pages: 1 2