MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb needs.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I was cruising the net and I saw this site using phpbb.
Check out how it looks like stock now:
http://worldandme.net/index.php
I think mybb need a better stock template to compete with them as-well. Don't you agree?
Kind Regards.
You are wrong MyBB gots many pertty good templates, this is the Default Theme, so you know the Default Theme must be compatable for all users, and It's faster than others, cleaner, and very good, you can find more templates by searching, what them are better than phpBB 1.3.0.
I'd much prefer MyBB to have a table free theme (using divs instead) but hardly anyone wants to step up to the task. I'll have to try it someday...
Onur Wrote:You are wrong MyBB gots many pertty good templates, this is the Default Theme, so you know the Default Theme must be compatable for all users, and It's faster than others, cleaner, and very good, you can find more templates by searching, what them are better than phpBB 1.3.0.
He was saying the stock template for the software itself, though. I'm sure he's well aware that there are other themes out there for MyBB.
i hate the tableless layout. Although the colors are nice in that template. I agree it does need a new deafult theme though for 1.4.
Sodacake Wrote:
Onur Wrote:You are wrong MyBB gots many pertty good templates, this is the Default Theme, so you know the Default Theme must be compatable for all users, and It's faster than others, cleaner, and very good, you can find more templates by searching, what them are better than phpBB 1.3.0.
He was saying the stock template for the software itself, though. I'm sure he's well aware that there are other themes out there for MyBB.

Creating a template isn't a problem, I've done so myself. Although new forum webmasters would love a nice stock template. Without a nice stock template people can get discouraged from downloading.
1.1 strict sucks to work with though...
labrocca Wrote:1.1 strict sucks to work with though...
Totally sucks. I still use 1.0 Transitional for the simple reason that it is easier to manage.
I'm in half's with the phpbb pro skin.

Some parts look very stylish and others basic, dull look. I love more aspects but I don't like the package, it think the highlight throughout is nicely done and I have to give them credit but the bottom and profiles are horrid.

Mybb's is just a early design... Although I like I wouldn't consider using it but could easily find one I could. BlueVision is an amazing skin Smile

~Kerrang!