MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Post > all text in row bold or/and highlight row
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I should know how to do this, but my limited CSS skills have let me down!

Anyone able to advise how I may be able to achieve the following please >

1. Bold text in an entire row when there is a new post (managed to get the thread subject in bold, but not any other text)
  2. Different background colour on the row where there is a new post
Thanks  Big Grin
Can we get a URL to your forum?
It is a private forum - I can set up a quick test forum for you, but I thought it may be quite a simple solution via CSS (?)
What needs to be changed/updated depends on the theme you're using so a URL would be much better. No account may be needed. I also have a feeling you may be referring to a plugin as the only time a "new post" is shown is in the search and index page.
(2018-05-30, 01:11 PM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]What needs to be changed/updated depends on the theme you're using so a URL would be much better. No account may be needed. I also have a feeling you may be referring to a plugin as the only time a "new post" is shown is in the search and index page.

Ahhh - I see what you mean.  I am using the Flatty Theme

No plugin though; on forumdisplay.php when there is a new post on a thread the subject goes BOLD > it is defined via the following CSS

.subject_new {
    font-weight: bold;
}

What I want to try to do is extend this across the entire Row when there is a new post - predominantly I want the "last post timestamp" to be bold

Or... just highlight the row  Smile
Bump?

Is this simply not possible?
As nobody seemed to be able to answer this, I left it to one side.  However, today I was able to attend to my own question and thought I would share should anyone stumble across this thread

Really simple actually; just move {$new_class} in the forumdisplay_thread to the top line next to inline_row > basically it will apply the ".subject_new" to the entire row, and then you can tweak your CSS from there