MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pre loaded MyBB ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys 
Can anyone point me in the direction of a preloaded/hosted version of MyBB (preferably FREE or very cheap) we are a 86k and growing Facebook group that outgrew our “groups” home there quite a while ago and badly need to find a new home able to cope with circa 300-400 daily posts and 50-100 new users daily but that will also future proof us looking forward and allow expansion into other areas at the same time, as a Facebook group there are NO Funds as it’s a free service we supply and as due to the nature of its content it requires to remain this way thus my request for any Free hosting services for this otherwise ideal software for our purpose ? 

Thanks In advance of any replies
Quote:300-400 daily posts and 50-100 new users daily

You aren't going to be able to depend on any free host at that scale without problems.
What do you suggest then ?
You cans signup on my site https://www.createmybb.com I take large forums as challenge and it works for me since then it allow me to better optimize the system.
(2018-05-30, 03:18 PM)vbgamer45 Wrote: [ -> ]You cans signup on my site https://www.createmybb.com I take large forums as challenge and it works for me since then it allow me to better optimize the system.
This is my suggestion as ICYBoards are not available.

@OP, my better suggestion would be to go with a shared hosting server and setup MyBB on that. In most of the cases, you should be okay with that as your users online are not much and you have not yet put the site live.
If in case it increases in load, you can even ask your users to help you fund the hosting fees in donations.
Our whole aim has always been to keep the group FREE as we are dealing with a group of vulnerable and desperate people a lot of the time, obviously the 86k figure is total users registered to date and not the day to day usage figures but the 50-100 new users and 300-400 overall posts is via FB analyctics and that’s the figures I have to consider throughout but it will vary massively BUT with major change again about to happen to this sector of the countries community I must plan ahead and FB is just not set up for this type of community if for no other reason there being no seleration of posts and with around 6-8 major sectors and the amount of posts we see we need desperately to create this separation thus my questions, I have operated a few largish community groups prior to now so technically pretty much know what I’m doing however it’s the free hosting and space I’m not so sure about, charging the users is NOT an option and NO form of advertising likewise is NOT a consideration as this is what makes us different and attractive to most, I cover domain charges but don’t want to commit to a monthly charge that I can’t gaurentee I can afford month on month

I also need assistance with designing and creating a header banner suitable to our cause so would like to try to make contact with a gratific designer or photoshop guru as I just don’t understand how to use it I’m afraid so an6 contacts or person who could assist us again sadly without charge due to there being no funding available BUT you can be sure for your karma you would be greatly assisting a group of VERY vulnerable members of all our communities that badly require all the help they can get often so I’m hoping the feeling of assisting these users would be enough for such a person Smile any help at all would be greatfully received and duly officially thanked and credited
(2018-05-31, 10:53 AM)Scotsmart Wrote: [ -> ]Our whole aim has always been to keep the group FREE as we are dealing with a group of vulnerable and desperate people a lot of the time, obviously the 86k figure is total users registered to date and not the day to day usage figures but the 50-100 new users and 300-400 overall posts is via FB analyctics and that’s the figures I have to consider throughout but it will vary massively BUT with major change again about to happen to this sector of the countries community I must plan ahead and FB is just not set up for this type of community if for no other reason there being no seleration of posts and with around 6-8 major sectors and the amount of posts we see we need desperately to create this separation thus my questions, I have operated a few largish community groups prior to now so technically pretty much know what I’m doing however it’s the free hosting and space I’m not so sure about, charging the users is NOT an option and NO form of advertising likewise is NOT a consideration as this is what makes us different and attractive to most, I cover domain charges but don’t want to commit to a monthly charge that I can’t gaurentee I can afford month on month

I also need assistance with designing and creating a header banner suitable to our cause so would like to try to make contact with a gratific designer or photoshop guru as I just don’t understand how to use it I’m afraid so an6 contacts or person who could assist us again sadly without charge due to there being no funding available BUT you can be sure for your karma you would be greatly assisting a group of VERY vulnerable members of all our communities that badly require all the help they can get often so I’m hoping the feeling of assisting these users would be enough for such a person Smile any help at all would be greatfully received and duly officially thanked and credited

Hey,
As I said there are two options and better one is to use createMyBB. Also once you asks 86k users to join, it is possible that ROC(Rate of conversion) might be very low as lot of FB users will not be willing to join another site. Your FB groups covers lot of feature and users need to know why they should join the website.

Also my suggestion is not to make a paid site but make the site run on donation which is not wrong at all. I understand your ethics 100%. Even wikipedia run on donations Smile