MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Avatar upload failed...file not valid...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
EDIT June 2nd: This problem was solved. This time it was just my avatar upload path that was too long.

I know there are many topics about this problem and I've looked through all that I can find. None of the solutions I was able to do are working and some topics just didn't reach any solution or were not clear enough.

Problem: When I try to upload an avatar, it fails and claims the file isn't valid. It certainly should be as it's the exact same avatar I have on my IcyBoards version of this board.

What I've done so far:

- Checked the Attachment Types list. It includes the types I've tried to upload.

- I uploaded the uploadtest.php script into the avatars folder in the uploads folder, ran it and it turned out with no errors and said the file was uploaded. The file turned up in the avatars folder. It also made a file called "error_log". Which log says something about undefined index?

- I checked my PHP Info in the Tools & Maintenance and the Environment section's TEMP & TMP & TMPDIR variables all have value /tmp. The uploads' avatar folder's user permissions are Full modify, (777.)

The threads that spoke of the latter two things also say something about some code possibly possibly missing in the php.ini file. I'm moving from IcyBoards to self-hosting but I don't own the server I'm on but am buying space, so I don't have access to that file. And could it really even be anything in that file since the uploadtest.php script doesn't report any error...?

So what the heck could the problem be?? I'm especially confused now that that test script uploaded a file just fine but the actual avatar uploading page on my board doesnt'.

--forum link removed after problem solved--
Anyone?