MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having trouble getting the installation wizard to accept my database settings.

-Snipped-

Please, can anyone help? I've made a MySQL database, but MyBB can't find it. I can't continue with the installation.
Try replacing hostname,
"nsrusa.org" --> "localhost".
I tried that; it didn't work. Again, no useful error messages. I also tried 127.0.0.1 which also failed.

I made the database in cPanel, so it added the nsr_ prefix.

Can anyone help me? I can't make progress.
What's the actual error you're receiving?
https://www.nsrusa.org/forum/install/index.php Wrote:Error

There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:

Could not connect to the database server at 'localhost' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?

Once the above are corrected, continue with the installation.
Are you 100% sure the details are correct and you aren't copying any spaces when pasting the details into the installer?
I am 100% sure.

The problem turned out to be with very subtle errors in my webserver configuration, as follows:

MySQL enable:
WHM > ConfigServer Security & Firewall > Firewall Configuration > IPv4 Port Settings >
TCP_IN and TCP_OUT > add 3306 to list
Comment out skip-networking in the MySQL config file /etc/my.cnf
Glad to see you fixed the issue Smile
Thanks, but I don't have to check any log file (you didn't say where it was anyway). As you can now see, the problem is fixed.