MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HELP with Login: CONNECTION REFUSED, ERROR 2002
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody please help me: I am a longtime member/user on/of Skywug (Skycoin Wireless User Group) (I work on a Laptop PC, Windows 7 Professional and use the Chrome browser). 

I was busy with my usual Login process in the morning to read all the new posts in the morning and was filling in my user name and password, when I was called out for an emergency somewhere else.
I left the login process before I could hit the VERY LAST ENTER to log-on, with my cursor in the login field immediately after the last letter of my password, i.e. I only had to hit the enter key. I left my office (after locking it!) and went  away.

I came back after about an hour and hit the enter key immediately (without touching/moving the cursor), in other words exactly where I left it. The login fields were completely frozen! I tried to exit the program, but it remained frozen. I opened the Skywug site in a new tab and got the message as follows:

MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:2002 - Connection refusedQuery:[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.

I went to a colleague and tried to go to the Skywug site again (on the same network) and immediately got the same message again!

Please help, I have no other way to contact my contacts!.
referred forum has problem with its web server.
owner of the site should contact webhost to get it resolved.
(2018-06-01, 02:08 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]referred forum has problem with its web server.
owner of the site should contact webhost to get it resolved.
Thank you for coming back so soon!
Problem is, I can't get to the owner: there's no way to contact him/her!?
What should I do to solve this problem?
(2018-06-02, 06:41 AM)docukno Wrote: [ -> ]What should I do to solve this problem?

You can't solve the problem. The owner of the site has to.
(2018-06-02, 08:45 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-02, 06:41 AM)docukno Wrote: [ -> ]What should I do to solve this problem?

You can't solve the problem. The owner of the site has to.

Thanks, I got hold of the admininstrator via Telegram. Prob solved, thx for the help!
Just an FYI, this particular forum is mainly aimed at forum administrators who need help. If you're a user of a forum which is experiencing problems, you should contact the forum admin Smile.