MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Write posts in other languages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello!

I wish to know is it possible to write posts in other languages? I am from Georgia Rep. and it will be greate if my forum visitos could write letters in Georgian language?

Somethis like this: მოგესალმებით (It's in Georgian language) Smile

Thanks
yup it's possible if you set the lang pack with your lang charset
Where can I find this menu and is it difficult to create new lang pack?
levani Wrote:Where can I find this menu and is it difficult to create new lang pack?

You will need a language pack if you intend to change the whole board into your language. But users can post in whatever language they want provided that they use a standard TT font so that their posts will show correctly to other users from other parts of the world. If this "მოგესალმებით" is readable correctly to you then see what font you used and you can add it to font list in the editor.
Thanks, but where can I find the font I use for my forum?
levani Wrote:Thanks, but where can I find the font I use for my forum?
In the editor you have a list of fonts to which you can add your custom fonts. Please read this:
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=15245
levani Wrote:Hello!

I wish to know is it possible to write posts in other languages? I am from Georgia Rep. and it will be greate if my forum visitos could write letters in Georgian language?

Somethis like this: მოგესალმებით (It's in Georgian language) Smile

Thanks
Is there something wrong with that text? I can see it just fine. The best way would be to have it as the standard charset (UTF-8). But you have to convert your database tables to utf8 aswell.
Where do I must upload the .ttf file? And how can I set this font as a default?
levani Wrote:Where do I must upload the .ttf file? And how can I set this font as a default?
Do members in you forum have a problem writing in Georgian language? Please send me your forum url in a pm if you don't wish to put here.
Also, please answer this question: is there anything wrong with this: "მოგესალმებით", and how did you write it?
I write it with unicode but I wish to set this font as a default on my forum. I'll send you the url im pm but the forum is empty now. You can create new topic if you want.
Pages: 1 2