MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How many forums on one database?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You said you can run several forums on a single MySQL. How many forums could I get on one database, and would there be any side effects ie. mybb running slowly? Thanks.Smile
I don't think there would be any side effects. It depends on the maximum database size which your host allows.
Oh, OK.
EDIT: I've just looked, and I've only used up 10mb out of 1000mb. I'm fine. Wink
Genius_41 Wrote:You said you can run several forums on a single MySQL. How many forums could I get on one database, and would there be any side effects ie. mybb running slowly? Thanks.Smile

I don't recommend that you create multi-forums on a single database. There will always be a potential problem.
If you use different table prefix for each of them it shouldn't be a problem.
If you don't mean same server, different database that is.
CraKteR Wrote:If you use different table prefix for each of them it shouldn't be a problem.

Exactly. You should have different table prefixes such as mybb1_* and mybb2_* if your going to put them on the same server, so that you can avoid any conflict between the different forums.
OK, thanks. BTW, my forum is using 1mb, not 10mb so I should get plenty on there.
I'm using free hosting and I have 10 mb for mysql. Is it enough for mybb forum?
That's enough for maybe 10,000 posts.
What can I do if I want to change my host?
Pages: 1 2