MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: host transfer question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yes, I attached a screenshot of the databse. They switch from mybb_ to stellarcollision_ randomly halfway down the list.

I tried to change the table prefixes but I got that error I showed above. 

Also I clicked on the settings table in the phpmyadmin area and it doesn't show anything to edit? I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong.
They should be all same. This is your first todo. Take the DB backup and perform a find-replace then restore. or perform alter table manually.
As Wires described, change the table prefix in config.php and then see what next issue arrives...

edit:
For changing your database table prefixes you can use this code appending to your global.php and see what happens:

$prefix_to_change = "mybb_";
$prefix_to_set = "stellarcollision_";
$table_list = $db->list_tables($config['database']['database']);

foreach($table_list as $table)
{
	if (strpos($table, $prefix_to_change) === 0)
	{
		$new_table = str_replace($prefix_to_change, $prefix_to_set, $table);
		$db->rename_table($table, $new_table, false);
	}
};

Remember to change the $prefix_to_change & $prefix_to_set variables as desired before placing this to the end of global.php.
Remember to change the new table prefix in config.php after running this.

Note, this may not work if your datacache table doesn't already have the desired prefix. For that you need to change the prefix manually for that table and then perform the above operation for rest of the tables.
(2018-06-05, 02:48 AM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure the table prefix is set correctly. It defaults to mybb_ but you'll see the tables exported from IcyBoards use a different table prefix.

The error I see is because the "install" directory still exists. For security reasons, the forum will not work until you delete the "install" folder.

Wouldn't it be easier if you had told the original poster (and any other so-to-be former IcyBoard admins) what the table prefix that IcyBoard defaults to? 

That would have saved that original poster a lot of time trying to figure out what the table prefix is. Sighs...  Undecided
Hi! I am having one of the same issues as this user after transferring from icyboards. My asset URL is still pointing to static18.icyboards despite both my acp and settings table showing my new board url. Can I get some help here, or would you prefer I open a new thread for it?
(2018-06-18, 11:59 PM)DerTollUdo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! I am having one of the same issues as this user after transferring from icyboards. My asset URL is still pointing to static18.icyboards despite both my acp and settings table showing my new board url. Can I get some help here, or would you prefer I open a new thread for it?

You've said your asset URL is still pointing to your old URL, have you tried replacing it with your new URL and hitting save? If you can see it I'm unsure why you haven't gone and changed it. I may be confused... What's your exact issue? In future it may be wise to create your own thread.
I replied here because the issues were similar with mutual causes. I will do so in the future however. Thanks for helping. I have attached screenshots to show you what I am talking about better.

In the ACP and PHP the value shows my new board. However when the asseturl call is issued, in this case for the plugin for account switcher, it calls the icyboards asset. I was wondering if you knew why and how to fix that.
(2018-06-19, 12:55 AM)DerTollUdo Wrote: [ -> ]I replied here because the issues were similar with mutual causes. I will do so in the future however. Thanks for helping. I have attached screenshots to show you what I am talking about better.

In the ACP and PHP the value shows my new board. However when the asseturl call is issued, in this case for the plugin for account switcher, it calls the icyboards asset. I was wondering if you knew why and how to fix that.

Let’s check if the icyboards URL has been directly placed into the templates. Go to ACP —> Templates & Style —> Templates (side menu) —> Select template set —> Ungrouped Templates —> Headerinclude

Check if the icyboards URL are there.
Nope, just checked and there is no icyboards links there. They all use the asseturl.
Pages: 1 2