MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Proper plugin to do model/box image popups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know a proper plugin that can do attachments and 'img' tags as a popup to show the full size as a overlay or even have a full size tag shown on 'img' tags for images posted to imgur etc.

I have tried without success.
  • FancyZoom
  • Image Magnify
  • Lightbox 2
  • My Image Model
  • Shadowbox
I have all of these installed obviously only activating one at a time and none of them work on attachments or img tags.

I have two threads with Images (my own screenshots) I am testing.
Final Fantasy XV - Images use the img tag to imgur
Akiba's Beat - Images are inline attachments

Why the difference is the Final Fantasy images are super wide and can be large so I bulk uploaded them to imgur.
When opened right click in a new tab they scale to the browser but then can + magnify on mouse click to original size but the method is extra work for the end user on desktop which someone just browsing a thread wouldn't even be bothered to do.

I want to know the best way to show these two types of image embeds the best way I can for both desktop and mobile users where I also allow people to see the full size images.
Having multiple types of gaming forums as well as media forums I want users to be able to open screenshots in all the HD 4K etc glory where possible with the simplest ways to do so.

Attachments pop up in a new tab which I would like as a model/box popup like most other forums.

Another forum I go to which is on Xenforo, any image linked is shown a click this image to show full size tooltip,
We need a native thing in MyBB to cater to modern ways of doing things.
FancyBox Smile
(2018-06-06, 01:03 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]FancyBox Smile

Would have been nice if you linked to the thread and information to save me and others searching.
As there can be a multitude of different solutions such as the old myBB 1.6 plugin.
But I know you were referring to this thread you also posted in which has a guide on github on using it here.
I presume the smiley was half the troll face teasing?

The links work on attachments and inline images it doesn't exactly state one or the other and talks about attachments which it needs to be clearer about inline image tags.

Please make sure when you are helping others in the future you are clear and precise and give the full information to help them as others may not be as knowledgeable or up to speed with being able to search stuff out like I might be as you are well aware on these forums with all the 'PLZ Halp' threads.
As a direct MyBB contributor I would hope you might understand what I'm meaning.
Hm, I disagree. Remember that this is free, public support. If you wish to be spoon-fed or require more information than simply ask. If not, I suggest you request someone give you private support which you'll more than likely have to pay for.

Best of luck in your search.
I have no issues about free vs priority support.
I must be one of the only ones who who thinks of the other people when I reply back as I give all the information about a topic and link them etc.

Then again I was a volunteer technition for disabled and underprivileged fixing there PCs as well I aim to give support and pass along information myself especially on my own community as the more knowledge given out the fullest and simplest ways reduces frustration, support and follow up questions which betters everything with less time spent by everyone dealing with something which could easily be solved with just a link to another thread, and such increases productivity and stuff.  Big Grin

I don't like to have to ask questions and waste people's time and only do if I've spent a while researching myself also I don't like to have to ask followup questions because someone decided to be cheeky and not give enough information with a smile.

Most people would just ask question after question if not given enough information or a link to the solution to begin with just saying.