MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Members unable to log in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Forum URL: http://livingthedream.sunberryrp.com/index.php

Hello there! I've followed all of the steps in this thread as best as I could, but my members and I still cannot log into our new forum (linked above). I was logged in, but logged out to test and cannot log back in now.

All of the settings in settings.php are correct, 'cookiedomain' and 'cookiepath' and 'cookieprefix' are all set as instructed. And we've all cleared our cache/cookies in several browsers, and still nothing. Also updated all the links I could find that might be off from our merge from Icyboards. I promise I'm posting as a last result! (I rather hope it's just something silly that we've missed, but if not, at least we can get it sorted out that way.)

When we try to log in, we enter credentials. If it's wrong it still shows up as 'incorrect', but then it just kicks us back to the index page without being logged in. This applies to admin and regular accounts at this point. Even going through the "forgot password?" process produces no email, despite the notice on the forum that the email is on its way. (This is after some time has passed as well.)

Would appreciate any help and effort to help us finish up our forum setup! Thank you for your time! :]
Change the cookie domain settings in ACP > Configuration > Site Details

.livingthedream.icyboards.net

to:
.livingthedream.sunberryrp.com
(2018-06-05, 08:20 PM)SvePu Wrote: [ -> ]Change the cookie domain settings in ACP > Configuration > Site Details

.livingthedream.icyboards.net

to:
.livingthedream.sunberryrp.com

I cannot log into the admin CP, I just tried. Is there a workaround for this, by chance?
I tried and received error for a wrong credential, no forwarding to index (though it appeared at lower part because of heavy edit).
A correct test account credential might be helpful...

edit settings.php if you can't login to ACP and reupload
(2018-06-05, 08:24 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]I tried and received error for a wrong credential, no forwarding to index (though it appeared at lower part because of heavy edit).
A correct test account credential might be helpful...

edit config.php if you can't login to ACP and reupload

I got back into the ACP and changed the Cookie Domain settings in Site Details as mentioned above (I definitely did change that, not sure how it changed back), but there's still no luck with regular log in.

Do you mean needing a correct test account?
You guys can use the following as needed to see result:

Username: Tester
Password: test123

Thank y'all so much!!
I'm almost positive this is a cookie issue. Can you post your cookie settings from your ACP here?
Yes, looks like a cookie issue.

Have you been moved out of IcyBoards? Then you surely need to change cookie domain.
If you can't access ACP then run this query through your database:
UPDATE `mybb_settings` SET `value` = '.livingthedream.sunberryrp.com' WHERE `mybb_settings`.`name` = 'cookiedomain';
(change db table prefix to actual)

I'd also like to mention here that all your resource paths (CSS & js) are still pointing to IcyBoards
I'm sorry, but I can't figure out what to change in my inc/config.php file to access the ACP and reach the cookie settings. I ran that query through my database as well, but I am still unable to log into my ACP? I really promise I did change the cookie settings in my files as well as in the site configuration, or at least tried to. I'm not sure why it didn't take, but I will keep trying as I can.

I did move from Icyboards. I was in the process of trying to change over what I could but the login issue is prevalent in ceasing progress at the moment. Thanks for letting me know, though, I'll fix those as soon as I have access.
When changing cookie settings manually, you need to either edit settings.php directly, log in and change them in the ACP, or run the query and then delete settings.php.

The cookie domain is currently set to ".livingthedream.sunberry.com" and needs to be ".livingthedream.sunberryrp.com", so the easiest way will be to edit settings.php, this should then allow you to log in, and then you'll need to change the setting again in the ACP.
Thank y'all so much, it seems our login issues are fixed! Now I'm going to search through and find all instances of Icyboards so we don't have future problems. (Can anyone tell me if those are found in my FTP? If not, more than happy for all the help to get this set up.)

Thanks so much for all the help and patience all around these forums, it is deeply appreciated!! <3
Pages: 1 2