MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Relationship status?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is this plugin possible?

A relationship status that a user can set with options for:

Single
In a relationship with <forum user can be entered into the profile field to be displayed>
Married/Married to <forum user>
Divorced
Engaged/Engaged to <forum user>

Eg my profile may look something like:

Quote:In a relationship with Shortie861

You get the idea, basically if the user chooses in a relationship, engaged or married, they are given the option to include a forum user account,similar to facebook.

I would really like a plugin like this for my forums, I had one on Xenforo 1 awhile back but never seen anything like this for MyBB.
Could this help: https://mods.mybb.com/view/internal-linking

I uses it for internal links. You would use [user=**] replace ** with user id

So if I wanted to show your username here at MyBB as a link I would put: [user=114709]

Oh you need to change compatibility to 18*
I don't think that'd work too well, it'd be kinda off putting to users. I think the way I explained it would work better if anyone can put together a plugin like this. Smile
Interesting concept, I might add this to my to-do list - though I can't promise anything of course.

Are you looking for an approach identical to Facebook, where the other person must 'accept' the relationship request before it is displayed on their profiles?
Hi!

I love this idea! I run an RPG, and it would be a great way to link between significant others and even family for character accounts, if you were interested in adding that to the prospective plugin!

It would be kind of cool if the Admin could set whether permission is needed or not, or even the ability to turn on/off required permission on a per-account basis from the account settings - or even per membergroup - if not too difficult!
(2018-06-08, 02:15 PM)kawaii Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting concept, I might add this to my to-do list - though I can't promise anything of course.

Are you looking for an approach identical to Facebook, where the other person must 'accept' the relationship request before it is displayed on their profiles?

Yes, users must accept/approve of the relationship status if 'in a relationship' 'engaged' etc. :Smile

This would be a really great feature to have IMO. :Smile
Might code this before Kawaii Toungue
(2018-06-09, 02:20 PM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]Might code this before Kawaii Toungue

I made a start earlier today but I've no idea when I'll be able to find time to finish it, you're more than welcome to work on your own effort though. Toungue

https://github.com/kawaii/mybb-courtship...rtship.php
Thanks for taking on this request. Smile I look forward to seeing it completed. Big Grin
Ahh, forum weddings, that takes me back Smile
Pages: 1 2