MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Favicons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys. I need help. I'm a forum owner looking for some help on adding a favicon to the site. Any ideas?
(2018-06-08, 01:19 AM)TheTechGuy Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys. I need help. I'm a forum owner looking for some help on adding a favicon to the site. Any ideas?

I need help with too
Simple solution:
Place your icon file with the name 'favicon.ico' at the root of MyBB (where index.php is).

Complex solution:
Create device type wise and size wize favicons and place in a folder under images.
Link all those icons with device-specific declarations through 'headerinclude' template. The code may look like this:

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="180x180" href="images/favicon/apple-touch-icon.png">
	<link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="32x32" href="images/favicon/favicon-32x32.png">
	<link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="16x16" href="images/favicon/favicon-16x16.png">
	<link rel="manifest" href="images/favicon/site.webmanifest">
	<link rel="mask-icon" href="images/favicon/safari-pinned-tab.svg" color="#5bbad5">
	<meta name="msapplication-TileColor" content="#da532c">
	<meta name="theme-color" content="#ffffff">

There are online generators available that can create all device specific icons from the icon / png uploaded by you.