MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Filezilla to MYBB - server connection issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I'm trying to install some plugins into My MYBB 1.8 from Filezilla.

My first issue is that the server is not connecting properly  I get this message:

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...

Response: 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------

Response: 220-You are user number 6 of 150 allowed.

Response: 220-Local time is now 00:15. Server port: 21.

Response: 220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.

Response: 220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.

Command: AUTH TLS

Response: 502 AUTH TLS OK.

Command: AUTH SSL
Error: Could not connect to server

I have used ftp:// before my site address, my username and passwords were also correct. 
I entered 21 as default port as ftp.

Anyone out there who knows what is going wrong? 
Try To Upload Plugin Online File Manager
You'd need to contact your host, we won't be able to do anything about a server connection issue I'm afraid.
(2018-06-10, 06:48 AM)Boohoo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
I'm trying to install some plugins into My MYBB 1.8 from Filezilla.

My first issue is that the server is not connecting properly  I get this message:

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...

Response: 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------

Response: 220-You are user number 6 of 150 allowed.

Response: 220-Local time is now 00:15. Server port: 21.

Response: 220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.

Response: 220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.

Command: AUTH TLS

Response: 502 AUTH TLS OK.

Command: AUTH SSL

I have used ftp:// before my site address, my username and passwords were also correct. 
I entered 21 as default port as ftp.

Anyone out there who knows what is going wrong? 

Use this plugin to upload/download any files related to your website.

This plugin works great and makes file transfer very easy. No need for the FTP program for most file transfers.

Warning: You MUST follow the installation directions or else the plugin will not work!

File Manager
Thanks for the advice.
If I did not have to go through Fillezilla to upload plugins, that would be this current problem sorted! I'm pulling my hair out as my host claims it is not their problem this server connection issue and Mybb is saying it is. So skipping this step looks like the solution...
Sorry for being so ignorant but what are the precise steps to add this new plugin File Manager which will help me to install easily other plugins? Do I start the process from my MYBB admin?
(2018-06-14, 01:12 AM)Boohoo Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the advice.
If I did not have to go through Fillezilla to upload plugins, that would be this current problem sorted! I'm pulling my hair out as my host claims it is not their problem this server connection issue and Mybb is saying it is. So skipping this step looks like the solution...
Sorry for being so ignorant but what are the precise steps to add this new plugin File Manager which will help me to install easily other plugins? Do I start the process from my MYBB admin?

Download File Manager from this page → File Manager

Extract the File Manager onto your computer in a folder named File Manager.

Find the file called 'ReadMe'. Follow the instructions in that file.

Use FileZilla to upload the contents inside the 'Upload' folder into the root directory of your website. 

Then go to the AdminCP and activate the plugin.

If all goes well, the File Manager will be working and you do not have to use FileZilla after this.

(2018-06-14, 01:12 AM)Boohoo Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the advice.

This is how I have my FileZilla setup for file transfers.

Look at the screenshot. Maybe this might help you.

EDIT: Use effone's recommendation for the Encryption option - Encryption: Only use plain FTP (insecure).

[Image: Fpj5rRv.png?1]
Try with:
Encryption: Only use plain FTP (insecure).

It IS an issue related to host. I faced this problem with some hosts and everytime the above-said config worked.