MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shared Hosting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am looking for a good and reliable shared hosting to start a forum. Which one do you recommend ?

Kindly suggest one that won't run in a couple of months. A reliable name and affordable prices are a priority

I would need

1. cPanel
  2. Support for Let's Encrypt through cPanel
  3. Addon domains
  4. email
  5. No overselling
  6. Good uptime
  7. Reliable backups
Might want to try A2hosting, Bluehost, Dreamhost. I have them in past for my smaller projects and they have been good for giving a start Smile
Dreamhost is asking for $10 per month. Don't you think it's too high ?

Thanks for the reply. Smile
(2018-06-10, 01:02 PM)meetdilip Wrote: [ -> ]Dreamhost is asking for $10 per month. Don't you think it's too high ?

Thanks for the reply. Smile

I believe if you google, it will give you a trial and promo codes like 50% off etc. Big Grin
My suggestion is to first do a 1 month trial and if they are good for you, continue.

Cheers
Siteground.
Siteground is asking extra $15 if we opt for a single month. Otherwise, we need to go for 12-month billing.

Are they good enough to do a 12-month commitment ?

Thanks.

Bluehost is EIG. Please do not recommend EIG companies.
MDD Hosting
I'd recommend the $4/month shared hosting from RamNode, I've used the same package for one of my websites and it's flawless.
(2018-06-10, 06:10 PM)Corey H Wrote: [ -> ]I'd recommend the $4/month shared hosting from RamNode, I've used the same package for one of my websites and it's flawless.

I use Ramnode extensively! I have VPSs from them and have no experience with shared hosting, but I have had nothing but positive things to say. Very good company with an honest owner.

T1hosting.com is pretty good for shared hosting too. They have good deals and are very reliable.
MDD Hosting and Knownhost have pretty good reputations, might want to take a look at them.

If you do go with Dreamhost I just want to let you know moving away from them is a nightmare due to their custom made control panel. I've moved a few customers from their service, it wasn't fun.
Pages: 1 2