MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL Error: 1153
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

i am building a huge forum with thousands of subforums and I just received this SQL error.

1153 - Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes

I have already made hundreds of subforums and i am worried that i created this all for nothing in case a forum upgrade might wipe out the progresses or that I need to use another forum.  I want to add a lot more space on my forum but I have checked the instructions but I have difficulties with understanding it.

Can someone explain me the possibilities in this matter?
Thanks for all your advices...

Have a great day

Roy
You'll need to contact your host to see if they'll increase the max_allowed_packet, but MyBB wasn't really designed to have thousands of sub-forums, I can imagine it's going to end up being highly inefficient as your cache storage is going to be huge and you'll probably keep hitting errors like this.
(2018-06-10, 01:15 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]You'll need to contact your host to see if they'll increase the max_allowed_packet, but MyBB wasn't really designed to have thousands of sub-forums, I can imagine it's going to end up being highly inefficient as your cache storage is going to be huge and you'll probably keep hitting errors like this.

Thanks I will have a check on that.
(2018-06-10, 02:20 PM)Roy116678 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-10, 01:15 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]You'll need to contact your host to see if they'll increase the max_allowed_packet, but MyBB wasn't really designed to have thousands of sub-forums, I can imagine it's going to end up being highly inefficient as your cache storage is going to be huge and you'll probably keep hitting errors like this.

Thanks I will have a check on that.

Are you by chance using a free hosting company?

If so, you'd be better off using a paid hosting company to greatly increase your storage and data needs. 

It will be worth it in the long run.