MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Icyboards to MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I looked around and for some reason I didn't find it? Maybe I missed it. How do I move my icyboards forum to mybb? I have the database from icyboards.

Thanks!
(2018-06-17, 07:13 PM)Esper Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone,

I looked around and for some reason I didn't find it? Maybe I missed it. How do I move my icyboards forum to mybb? I have the database from icyboards.

Thanks!

Read this thread for more information.

Check This
There's no short way of doing this unfortunately. I'd suggest going through the installation process. From there, open up PhpMyAdmin (or whatever database management tool you use), delete all existing tables and then upload your database from icyboards. This is where it may start to get a little confusing...

Now you have MyBB installed you're half-way through the process. In your files, go to inc/config.php and update the database prefix to the one that should now be in PhpMyAdmin. An example of your prefix should look something like this when looking at your tables:

*_users

* being the prefix, and "users" being the table name in the example. Last step... Now go to your settings table and update the following:
  • Board URL (bburl) - Should be the link to your forum and should not containing a trailing slash. For example, http://domain.com
  • Homepage URL (homeurl) - Link to your forum.
  • Cookie Domain (cookiedomain) - Should be .domain.com be sure to include the dot (.) at the start
  • Cookie Path (cookiepath) - Should be just a slash (/). If your forums in a sub-folder, it'll be /subfolder/

Hope this helps.
Yeah that looks a bit confusing, I will attempt this.. I guess. If there's anyone here that is willing to help walk me through/answer questions or something while I'm doing this on discord that'd be great.

If not it's okay too, I'll try and figure it out without strawberry orange up. (hopefully...) I was hoping there would be a legit guide - it's a shame there isnt!
The official guide would probably be somewhat similar to the one I've posted, just with a few images. I'd suggest following my instructions and posting again if you have any problems.
Somehow I managed to get this work...

Hooray!