MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Issues with Caching from Host?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I am working on a site, and We moved away from another forum system, and I'm having some problems with posts not updating properly.  
I saw in a few other messages that there was something we could Check with the hosting company, but I didn't see what I need to ask them, or find out what else I could try.   

We're using hostgator, 
MyBB 1.8.15 

If there is something else I may be missing someplace, I would Greatly Appreciate it.  

I do have the "No Cache header" Enabled.  This did not seem to help anything.  
We have this with Chrome, Firefox, and internet exploder.
So err, what was the actual issue(s)?
WHen users post, It can take 6-8 min before the post is visible.  When editing a post, it can be longer for the changes to become visible.  

Its been a long day... =)
(2018-06-18, 12:53 AM)lazy8244 Wrote: [ -> ]WHen users post, It can take 6-8 min before the post is visible.  When editing a post, it can be longer for the changes to become visible.  

Its been a long day... =)

Are you using Cloudflare, too?

Cloudflare is notorious for cache delays unless you know how to turn off the cache temporarily while you make changes in the website.
Nope, No cloudflare, no CDN yet...
Weird.. It's probably not a MyBB error though as posts are grabbed straight from the database. What's your setup?
You could try enabling the following setting to see if it helps: ACP > Configuration > Server and Optimization Options > Send No Cache Headers = Yes.
That was done. @EuanT
I'm going to talk to hostgator before long, see if its just because its a lower tiered host.
I have seen this problem happen in cases when I was using shared hosting. My suggestion is to contact your hosting first, and changing the hosting is the best thing if they are not able to resolve. Bluehost, hostgator, iPage are all the same and they have same issues.
(2018-06-18, 09:43 PM)lazy8244 Wrote: [ -> ]That was done.   @EuanT
I'm going to talk to hostgator before long, see if its just because its a lower tiered host.

Ah, sorry I missed that in your original post! Yeah, I would recommend contacting HostGator and seeing what they can do for you.