MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Icy Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all. I recently moved from icyboards to hosting my own domain. Gotta say, bravo to all those who make these sites work. There is so much going on under the hood.

Anyway, onto my issue.

One of my forums ( http://yavania.udocoded.com ) is having some bad interactions. We were using newpoints before, and when we moved over and reinstalled, we are getting an SQL error every time someone posts. The error is attached.

I have had my tech support look at it, but they couldn't figure it out. The table it is calling absolutely does exist. Has been dropped and recreated from imports and sql command lines.

I am hoping that with the familiarity of the coders here with mybb and the plugins, someone might know what is happening. Thank you for your time.
Are you sure your table prefix is yavania01?
Can you paste a snap of your table structure over here?
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, or if you want info from the table itself. Let me know.

The address from IB was yavania01 which is how they were in the backup, and my hosting company just uploaded them like that.
Snap appears as you have the table. Is it happening with just for NewPoints or you are having the issue with MyBB default operations as well?
Your database name is 'udocoded_mybb709' for sure?
Tried disabling and re-enabling the plugin?
Having done more testing with myphpadmin, I found that when I made a new subdomain and a fresh install of mybb, the error vanished. So the tables are fine, but something was either missing from the backup from icyboards or got corrupted from the compression. I'm not sure, but the final solution seems to have been: reinstall mybb clean> manually import the tables you want to keep (users, posts, thread, etc.)> and carry on my merry way. Thanks for trying to help anyway effone.

To answer your questions: newpoints showed the error, though was unlikely the cause, just the most prevalent since it kept trying to talk to the table.

Yep, that's the name.

Many, many times.
This was weird.
Though I'm glad you sorted it out, it remains in mind with unidentified root cause. But thats just me ...
I completely agree effone. It bugs me too.
Looking at the original screenshot, it was trying to update the table " yavania01_users" (notice the " " at the front!). When you did the re-install, did you by any chance upload a new version of NewPoints? I guess you might have had a version with a bug before...