MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme not loading properly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since the last update, the default theme did not work properly.  I tried deleting it and creating a new one but that did not help.  I ended up downloading "mybb blue" theme.  After installation it loads better but it has its own issues.  

I would not mind going to the default theme but there is an issue with the header not showing up properly.  I tried deleting the default theme and creating a new one but that did not change anything. 

Is anyone else having an issue with the default theme?

Could this be an issue with how the files connect to the database?

Thank you.
I just tried default theme to check if there is any issue, but for me it loaded fine Smile

Maybe your templates are broken or did you upgrade your forum recently from MyBB 1.6 to MyBB 1.8 ?
Do share you website URL so that MyBB team can look into that.
A link or at least some screenshots will suffice.
(2018-06-23, 01:46 PM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]A link or at least some screenshots will suffice.

dentalimplant411.com/dental-chat-room/

I started over and installed new mybb forum. I did not want to have some underlying issue that could compromise the site.  

When you load the site you will see it load with the default theme.  

There is some issue with the header.  Did this after upgrade to 1.8 as well. 

Previously I installed a different theme and it worked well. 

I am reading instructions for uploading new theme and it indicates that I should upload the content of the upload folder to the forum.  I only see the admin folder in the upload section.  Do I upload and replace the current admin folder with the new one?  or do something different.

The themes I am looking to try are:  

Sharepoint8
and 
Classic_ACP
The default theme you have up at the moment is either edited or old. Go to ACP --> Templates & Style --> Templates (side menu) --> Find Updated Templates. The header template should popup. Click Options and then Revert to Original. If not, go to your template and Revert to Original.

See here on how to upload a new theme.
Thank you sir.
(2018-06-22, 02:06 PM)jwozni2 Wrote: [ -> ]Since the last update, the default theme did not work properly.  I tried deleting it and creating a new one but that did not help.  I ended up downloading "mybb blue" theme.  After installation it loads better but it has its own issues.  

I would not mind going to the default theme but there is an issue with the header not showing up properly.  I tried deleting the default theme and creating a new one but that did not change anything. 

Is anyone else having an issue with the default theme?

Could this be an issue with how the files connect to the database?

Thank you.

I have exactly the same problem.  Anyone got a suggestion? cleanmaster
(2018-06-22, 02:06 PM)jwozni2 Wrote: [ -> ]Since the last update, the default theme did not work properly.

I see you are also using my classic front-end theme though it appears it is either installed incorrectly or the update messed it up slighty as I can tell by how it is displaying default splices and a few other elements like the default top lower and upper panel, the tborder spacing of the default theme and default  thead/tcat images, etc, etc and images from the default theme are not as it should be. It almost appears as if you either swapped template sets with default or reverted templates. Classic is updated up to 1.8.19 though I have not had the free time to update it for 1.8.20 as of yet. Hopefully I will get some free time to do it within the next few days, so I would suggest keeping an eye on the extend site for whenever I update it.

@jwozni2

NOTE: Classic updated for 1.8.20 * 3/2/2019 - https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...5&bid=3797

* also note: as far as your desire to use The Classic ACP or Sharepoint8 acp styles, both should be still usable as far as I know and if not you can always let me know and I shall fix whatever issues when and if I have the free time to do so.