MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lite (Archive) Mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As there are mixed opinions lets have a public poll for a week.
(2018-06-26, 09:19 AM)linguist Wrote: [ -> ]If it is an accessibility feature, it should definitely*not* be an optional plugin but provided as a core function.

I second this!
(2018-06-26, 09:19 AM)linguist Wrote: [ -> ]If it is an accessibility feature, it should definitely*not* be an optional plugin but provided as a core function.

I don’t believe it’s intention is/was made to be an accessibility feature. Then again I may be wrong as the frature’s been in there for ages.
(2018-06-26, 03:55 PM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]

I don’t believe it’s intention is/was made to be an accessibility feature. Then again I may be wrong as the frature’s been in there for ages.

Well, why not make it an Accessibility feature part of the core function?

Just about every major software have some degree of Accessible features built-in, why not MyBB?
http://www.goodoldweb.com
It could be useful for something in the vein of that or as a mobile site with a bit of sprucing up.
I can not vote the poll, I do not know if I can still vote...

my vote is to continue as a  lite theme  enable in the theme acp like default theme  Blush
(2018-08-18, 11:48 AM)DiegoPino Wrote: [ -> ]I can not vote the poll, I do not know if I can still vote...

my vote is to continue as a  lite theme  enable in the theme acp like default theme  Blush
The poll seems to be over, but you can still post your opinion in the thread.
I only see this thread now. Some webmasters probably don't realise that the lite version can be a traffic driver to your site, especially if your forum is not optimised. Google prefers serving up pages from your lite version, and it's not hard to figure out why. The pages load super fast, contain all the primary content, without the bloat of images and extra markup. I would not remove this feature.
Pages: 1 2