MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some users cannot login
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My forum is http://www.lolitalia.it/forum/index.php

I can log in with my account (with user/pw as well as with my google account), but two users (AFAIK) get the message that user or password is wrong.

I tried to set the pw to a temporary one for one of those users and can not log in with his username.

I checked the cookie settings and they should be fine, what else could the problem be?

User: Skeggdor
pw: test1234

Thanks!
How are you attempting to reset passwords? Are you able to login to the two accounts when resetting their passwords?
One of the users having problems said he already tried to reset his password. I tried to set a temporary pw for his account via admin console, but that didn't work either.

I'm a bit weary of resetting the password on my account since it works and I'm afraid to break it
I mean have you tried logging into their account once resetting their password...
(2018-06-25, 09:10 PM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]I mean have you tried logging into their account once resetting their password...

I haven't yet. They tried to reset the password and then log in again, but it didn't work. I'll try to contact them and see if they can send me the reset password

I made one of the users reset their password and tried to log in with the new password, and it did not work
I made the user reset the password and tried to log in with the new one, but the logon failed
Am I allowed to up my thread? ^^'
Up again, can anybody help with this issue? Thanks ^_^
(2018-07-04, 12:51 PM)patmax17 Wrote: [ -> ]Up again, can anybody help with this issue? Thanks ^_^

Ask the user to create a new account.

Example:

Current name: IamUser

New name: IamUser1  (notice the '1')

If the user is successful with the new username, then you can merge the 2 accounts so that the user does not lose any of his/her post count and other things attached to the "old" account.

I have had to do that with a few users and it was successful.

Try that and see what happens. Look at the screenshot below. Read the MyBB manual on how to do this. It's not difficult to do.

[Image: 1622f36d499e4b890d006d5f386cc7b4.png]
Thanks for the reply!

I tried, but the system tells me one of the two accounts does not exist (though it does obviously exist, since the autocomplete suggests me the account's nickname)
Pages: 1 2