MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Migrate to MyBB from Discourse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have recently moved my site over to Discourse. The software is good, but I should have done more research as there have been many things that have come up since I went live that are not to my liking.

The forum has over 550,000 posts and around 2,500 members (this information is difficult to find without installing a plugin – which is another thing that’s not to my liking).

I understand that there are some impediments in the way of migrating from Discourse to MyBB – the fact that it uses Postgres for starters. I also understand that there would be no “out of the box” solution.

My request is simple: would one of the members of this community be able to migrate my current Discourse forum to a MyBB forum? I am happy to pay for this to be done.

Please let me know if you are interested and how I may contact you.
Side note: MyBB does support Postgresql as a database engine so that's not a big problem. The biggest hurdle would be writing a converter, as I'm not sure if this has ever been done before.
I'm happy to pay for someone to perform this migration.

PM me for more details and we can discuss this further.
It's better if you can include more informations like how many threads/ topics/ users are on there.
(2018-08-12, 09:04 AM)Rashan Wrote: [ -> ]It's better if you can include more informations like how many threads/ topics/ users are on there.

Re-read post #1... in the second sentence. That has already been answered.
(2018-06-26, 09:49 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Side note: MyBB does support Postgresql as a database engine so that's not a big problem. The biggest hurdle would be writing a converter, as I'm not sure if this has ever been done before.

Is this something that you'd consider doing as paid project?
(2018-08-13, 01:03 PM)petersweb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-26, 09:49 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Side note: MyBB does support Postgresql as a database engine so that's not a big problem. The biggest hurdle would be writing a converter, as I'm not sure if this has ever been done before.

Is this something that you'd consider doing as paid project?

Hi,

I've not seen the database structure for Discourse before, so I'm not sure how big a job it would be and how long it might take, which would decide whether I have  time to take such a project on.

I'll have to try find time to try installing Discourse and see how easy it would be to migrate.
Hi, there are news about a plugin to convert Discourse in Mybb?
Thanks