MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: defamatory content
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i just sent you all an email. you power a website forum that has posted defamatory content and is slanderous. no one has logged into the site in four years, so there is no way to contact. you all need to delete the specific post now or shut down the site, i'll be getting a court order on monday if not. private message me.
The MyBB Group is not responsible for the content on any site running the MyBB software, just as Microsoft is not responsible if someone uses Word to write a defamatory letter.

You can use "whois" to obtain the contact information of that web site. You should also be able to find out who hosts the site based on IP address and contact the hosting company.
be sure to let us know how that court order works out
Clearly you have no idea how software works, so let me help you out:

MyBB (that’s this site) is a “software” suite, it’s a free download, and people can, and do download it and host it themselves.

Claiming that MyBB can, in some way, limit who uses its software are farcial at best. Good luck with the court order.
This is hilarious. By all means, let us see that court order.
At most, the MyBB Group will deny users support if they violate the SEP. MyBB is an open-source software which can be hosted in just about anywhere, therefore MyBB cannot "shut down the site".
Seen this kinda timepass before many times. Good luck with your intentions.

Closed.