MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Display Images and Videos Options Turned Off In UserCP By Default
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the UserCP, the Display Images and Video options were already UNchecked as shown in the screenshot below. 

I do NOT recall ever touching those 2 boxes before. I found that I had the same identical issue on another website with those 2 boxes already UNchecked.

Is this issue related to the themes that we use for our websites or is it something that we have missed completely in one of the settings in AdminCP?

FYI, in MyBB.com, my UserCP, those 2 boxes were check-marked already. I am assuming that this setup is the default to have both boxes checked. 

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on?

[Image: e87ef02b597d87e2c656dfd39b329ba0.png]
afaik that only affected admins
(2018-06-28, 02:44 PM)linguist Wrote: [ -> ]afaik that only affected admins

No, because I went on the other website where I am NOT an Admin, just a regular user, those 2 boxes were UNchecked.

EDIT: Forgot to mention in my original post that I am running the latest version of MyBB, 1.8.15.
Those are controls available to all users in their control panels.
They are found in:
User Control Panel > Edit Options

I am that other site and as for them being unticked I am not sure I had it happen myself when moving between themes and doing edits on things when initially sorting the site and theme out.

Though this user Serpius above has only been on the one theme and is the only one I know that's been auto changed.
I checked a couple other users (though not active as much) and they were fine.

It could be that a back end change somewhere is triggering that toggle where I am not sure.
I am fairly certain I had to add those toggles back into the theme code when it happened as well as losing the post editor when I was initially setting things up.

I will be keeping a eye on things and plan to do something with the theme as soon as aI can to something better that's 1.9 compatible.
I can't find the thread again, but I think I remember it had something to do with the upgrade to 1.8.15 ... ?
(2018-06-30, 08:47 AM)linguist Wrote: [ -> ]I can't find the thread again, but I think I remember it had something to do with the upgrade to 1.8.15 ... ?

That's not true as such I've only had the latest mybb installed and there's been no new version since I installed my site.
So there is something else going on a compatibility thing somewhere which is rare and random.
(2018-06-30, 08:47 AM)linguist Wrote: [ -> ]I can't find the thread again, but I think I remember it had something to do with the upgrade to 1.8.15 ... ?

That issue had something to do with videos NOT playing from an outside source such as YouTube.

What I am pointing out is a completely different issue.