MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Slow Page Loading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

as GTMetrix says, it's important to add Expires headers.

Follow the Inmotion Tutorial about this, and if you don't know what to add, you could use the one I post
(2018-07-03, 05:01 PM)DrunkenTeddy Wrote: [ -> ]Our hosting provider (inmotion) is saying to optimize our php code...

Your hosting provider is an idiot who is gouging you.

Your GTMetrics is better than my site and yet, my site loads a tonne faster than yours... And I have some pretty terrible code; I know that, because I'm the one that wrote it.

Get a new host.
(2018-07-04, 07:12 AM)NoRules Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

as GTMetrix says, it's important to add Expires headers.

Follow the Inmotion Tutorial about this, and if you don't know what to add, you could use the one I post
This was one of the first tweaks I made, I'm not sure why GTMetrix still shows it as not applied. I did make a few tweaks to it using yours though, so thanks for that.

Alright everyone, BIG update for you all. In an act of desperation, and not trusting inmotion's word that there was something wrong with mybb, I went and created a virtual private server at http://vpsserver.com. We didn't go very high end with anything on it, loaded a free cpanel alternative called VestaCP and moved our forum over. I am happy to report that it is working at blazing fast speeds. We went from using 80+% CPU, to 7% without changing a thing. I highly recommend avoiding inmotion shared hosting if you have a mybb forum and expect to have more than 30 members online at a time. Even their "Pro plan" couldn't handle it.
(2018-07-04, 02:57 PM)DrunkenTeddy Wrote: [ -> ]Alright everyone, BIG update for you all. In an act of desperation, and not trusting inmotion's word that there was something wrong with mybb, I went and created a virtual private server at http://vpsserver.com. We didn't go very high end with anything on it, loaded a free cpanel alternative called VestaCP and moved our forum over. I am happy to report that it is working at blazing fast speeds. We went from using 80+% CPU, to 7% without changing a thing. I highly recommend avoiding inmotion shared hosting if you have a mybb forum and expect to have more than 30 members online at a time. Even their "Pro plan" couldn't handle it.

Glad you managed to get it sorted. Hope it all goes well.
Pages: 1 2 3